Utah

State auditor said he considered auditing Attorney General John Swallow's office

Comments

• 2 bits Cottonwood Heights, UT
    July 11, 2013 2:41 p.m.

I would think an "audit" would ALWAYS be a good idea. I would think ALL areas of government should be audited regularly (not just when there's a problem).

What reason is there to NOT audit ANY agency?

The Government audits the tax payers. I would think that there are audits going on all the time to insure nothing funny is going on in Government. Am I wrong?

• Mike in Sandy Sandy, UT
    July 11, 2013 11:53 a.m.

Resign already.

• Irony Guy Bountiful, Utah
    July 11, 2013 11:37 a.m.

Dougall auditing Swallow? It is to laugh. I hear that al-Qaeda has also set up an auditing department.

• no fit in SG St.George, Utah
    July 11, 2013 9:09 a.m.

Anyone making any headway on this?
    Shall we just keep tuning in each week to the DN and see what is new?
    In the meantime, Swallow is doing what, exactly?

• stevo123 slc, ut
    July 11, 2013 6:17 a.m.

John Dougal, is the the ultimate insider. This man was hand picked by the legislature to protect them and punish their enemies. Mr Dougal, I remember House Bill 477!

• My2Cents Taylorsville, UT
    July 11, 2013 4:40 a.m.

This auditor had many months ago considered and audit and it was made public then becasue they had received lots of complaints about Swallow cleaning house of the Shurtleff team violating the trust of the office for collaborations with politicians and unsavory questionable actions Shurtleff countered with he has not broken any laws, just skirted them with legislative terminology.

The fact that the former AG Shurtleff was fired in NY for his unsavory history in Utah should be made public and put the blame where it belongs.

I think the auditor should run an audit in conjunction with this investigation to clarify who was accountable for any illegal actions of the former AG. Swallow was being met with a lot of legislative and police resistance to his changes in office policy's to clean the office of questionable personnel of the past. Then suddenly some legislators and Party politicians began to launch a smear campaign on Swallow for stopping criminla AG political interference for certain legislators the former AG would allow without investigation.

This was all reported in the news media by the news media and retaliation fears are working overtime to coverup past criminal political favors for favors