Move to Mountain West Conference historic for Utah State athletics

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    July 7, 2013 12:16 a.m.

Keep playing your game. No one is buying it.

• The A Game Logan, UT
    July 3, 2013 7:43 a.m.

I totally agree Stang. If SUU just could've scored five more touchdowns against USU last year they would've won. Because it was such a close game I've decided that SUU is the next great thing in college football.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    July 2, 2013 11:28 p.m.

@The A Game

Glad you see it my way. It's good to see you aggies changing your ways and jumping on the SUU bandwagon.

• The A Game Logan, UT
    July 2, 2013 10:50 a.m.

SUU will take the college football world by storm this year. And Stang will lead the way. No doubt in my mind.

• Loud Loiterer Sandy, UT
    July 2, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Okay, Stang... Because Boise State and San Diego State don't make the Mountain West's strength of conference any more impressive than the WAC... Keep living in a fantasy land and enjoy your FCS football (exciting stuff).

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    July 1, 2013 5:55 p.m.

@Loud Loiterer

As usual you are mistaken. BYU isn't my team. My team is SUU. I do cheer for anyone who beats USU but make no mistake about it I have one team. And of course you just made my point stronger. Why did BYU and Utah leave the WAC 2.0? Because they needed a stronger schedule with better teams and the WAC 2.0 couldn't provide that.

@Ifel Ofa-Sofa

You are correct that is college football. But in case you don't see it USU takes it to a whole different level. Above and beyone how anyone should treat anyone. Keep living under all your delusions. Including the WAC 2.0 being a step up. It's not and will never be.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    July 1, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Great comment LL...

Not sure why USU fans get so much of Stangs venom, every stadium/campus I have been to in the state, or even out of the state, the home fans are not too nice to the visitors... that is college sports, good or bad that is what it is.

As far as the new conference goes, it is widely recognized that at least for football the Mtn West the best non bcs/non big 5 conference. So good for the Aggies, definitely a step up!

• Loud Loiterer Sandy, UT
    July 1, 2013 8:55 a.m.

@Stang08 You make it a point to comment on every single Utah State article and make the same "WAC 2.0" comments. But you fail to recognize that the landscape of the Mountain West hasn't changed much since your beloved Cougars were members. Which makes it ironic that you are talking smack on a conference that was perfectly suitable for your team 3 years ago. Since the birth of the Mountain West Conference in 1999, only 3 teams have left (BYU, Utah, & TCU) and Utah State plays both the U and the Y this year. Essentially, this means that Utah State is playing the same games that the U and the Y were playing 3 years ago. Also- I'd like it if you would acknowledge how many WAC teams BYU played last season. For those of you who don't want to look it up, it was 4. Talk about irony, Stang08! You love to talk smack on the WAC and yet you love to schedule those teams every year!

• Wildcat O-town, UT
    July 1, 2013 8:12 a.m.

Congrats to USU! It's a big move for them. They did beat UNLV and Colorado State last year, but those games were competitive for three quarters. They weren't the easy wins that most of the WAC provided. They will be in tough games every week. They have a killer schedule this year--especially the front half. Drawing Air Force on the road for week 2 is tough.

I think this is going to be a tough year for every team this year: Utah has Stanford and Oregon on the schedule, BYU is playing their toughest independent schedule, USU is stepping up to the MWC, SUU is starting year two in the Big Sky (power conference of FCS) after losing their QB, and Weber State in addition to trying to rebuild their football team after the John L. mess plays Utah and USU.

Good luck to all the teams--but most importantly, GO WILDCATS!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    June 30, 2013 7:00 p.m.

@The A Game

Very funny pal. USU was good last year. My team in a new conference not so hot. But let's face it, you have to play BSU again. And Utah and BYU. You never beat Bosie, Utah is angry and wants revenge, and BYU just out guns you in every single way. Glad you recognize that I am supirior though. You aggies aren't even up to my level.

Don't encourage him. And what makes you think you have a shot at the title game? You guys need to work on your people skills and your insults. I don't even think they would qaulify as real insults.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    June 30, 2013 4:30 p.m.

@The A Game

Post of the month right there. I haven't laughed that hard since somebody tried to convince me that Riley Nelson was an amazing quarterback.

On a different note, Phil Steele has projected Fresno State to be the top non-AQ team of 2013. What do you all think of that? They could potentially take down Boise and win the Mountain West.

Here's hoping we have a chance to face them in the inaugural Mountain West title game!

• The A Game Logan, UT
    June 30, 2013 3:39 p.m.

The Aggies were the best team in the state last year. Moving on.

Now we all know that USU will never compare to a prestigious school like SUU (especially in athletics; those thunderbirds are off the hook) but we can hope right? If that day ever comes, my hope is that all Aggie fans will show the intelligence regarding football, and sports in general, that you do.

• BYUSU Wellsville, UT
    June 30, 2013 3:29 p.m.

BYU fans have Chris B on every BYU article with his negative comments. USU fans have Stang08 on theirs. As they say, there is one in every crowd.
    Good Luck to; BYU, USU, and Utah. Hope you all have great years. Its great for the state.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    June 30, 2013 12:54 p.m.

@Old Navy

No bad experience in the valley at all. Now at USU yes. The way the fan's treat everyone who isn't wearing aggie blue. And the way they follow a team who has had one decent season and say they are the best team in the state. Makes me wonder how intelligent they are. But mostly it's the way they treat other non USU supporters.

You just made my point. The WAC 2.0 is just as much of a joke as the original WAC. More so now that USU is in it with a team that won't be half as good as last years. I'm not sour about the fact that I never went to USU. Simply because I never had the desire to go to that school.

@Who Am I Sir

How did the Y treat you? The way I see it the aggie fan's are the most disrespectful fan base in the state. And they love to point fingers to avoid seeing their own immature behavior. I've seen it first hand on many occasions.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 30, 2013 12:26 p.m.

Congratulations, Aggies! A sound conference. Great rivalries! Boise State, Air Force, Wyoming, and on and on. I say, "Clean house!!!" I hope you take first in football in 2015. But if not - don't fail to take second so you can have a match-up with BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl. And if you do...don't forget how the Y has treated you in the recent past!

• Steven11421 AUSTIN, TX
    June 30, 2013 10:14 a.m.

I'm a little sad with the change in conferences because I live in Texas and was looking forward to watching them play Texas State this year. I'll just have to head back to Logan to see a game!

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    June 30, 2013 9:44 a.m.

Best wishes to Utah State for all games but one.

• Magna Ute Fan Magna, UT
    June 30, 2013 7:42 a.m.

I am excited to see what the Aggies can do in the MWC. I hope they can maintain the progress they have been making and be a consistent contender in the conference.

Go Aggies!

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    June 30, 2013 7:39 a.m.

Stang08. What is with the sour grapes comments. USU is a great fit for the MWC. And yes I am an Aggie and I am buying into it. So what is your point.

• Sneaky Jimmy Bay Area, CA
    June 30, 2013 12:29 a.m.

The most exciting football and basketball in Utah will be played in Logan.

• Old Navy Provo, UT
    June 30, 2013 12:15 a.m.

Stang08, you seem really bitter. Bad experience in Cache Valley?

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    June 30, 2013 12:12 a.m.

Congratulations to Utah State. The MWC is a solid league. You'll fit right in.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    June 29, 2013 11:47 p.m.

The three best words in the English language: Mountain. West. Conference. Should be a fun season with some awesome match-ups. The MWC isn't called the "rivalry league" for nothing.

Go Aggies! Join the climb!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    June 29, 2013 11:44 p.m.

"Even if it's a place they've never been". Is that a joke? The conference is the WAC 2.0. Therefore, they've been there before. Just because the WAC 2.0 has a different name than the WAC 2.0 doesn't mean it's not the same conference they've been in for years. This article is funny and all the aggies will buy into it.