Faith

Movie trailer released for film about Mormon missionaries kidnapped in Russia

Comments

• Sentinel Ogden, UT
    June 24, 2013 11:06 p.m.

Great trailer! When will this movie be coming out? Where? Cannot wait to see it!!

I served an LDS mission not far from where this movie took place. Every day, now years later, I thank God that I was kept safe while out serving. I am glad these missionaries survived this horrible experience and lived to tell about it.

• Vernal Mom Vernal, UT
    June 25, 2013 10:27 a.m.

Please, more information and dates. I have followed this story, and really want to see the movie. What courageous young men, and missionaries. So glad to hear that they have moved on with their lives. Thanks for sharing your amazing story with us.

• ny's amy jo Rochester, NY
    June 25, 2013 10:33 a.m.

This sounds like a great movie. Is it going to be shown nationwide?

• MollyM Hayward, CA
    June 25, 2013 10:51 a.m.

As couple missionaries in Russia, we didn't worry about our safety, and were blessed to spend two years there and return safely. However, we worried over the young Elders, and did have one incident of a companionship being pepper sprayed. Most of the Russians we met were wonderful, friendly, loving people. There are bad people in every country around the earth, so we pray for the safety of our missionaries, wherever they might be. I look forward to seeing this movie; I hope it will be released to theaters in our area.

• GeoOhio Portsmouth, OH
    June 25, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Looks great, I would drive the 2 hrs to Columbus. Charleston WV or Cincy to see this if it gets to theater there, but would be awesome if it played here in Appalachian Ohio.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    June 25, 2013 4:01 p.m.

great movie to watch just after your son get's his mission call to Russia...

• TJ411 Saratoga Springs, UT
    June 25, 2013 5:04 p.m.

This looks like it may be a good movie and a story worth telling, however, I think LDS filmmakers need to realize these men look like they are 35 and to quit casting them as 19-21 years of age. Just because this happened 15 years ago, doesn't mean we need to cast men who were probably on their mission when it happened.

• rph Arlington, VA
    June 26, 2013 12:50 p.m.

Great, really looking forward to a lot of people mispronouncing the word "Saratov."

• gee-en Salt Lake City, UT
    June 27, 2013 3:01 p.m.

I know...also saratov looks like it's spelled sayaatfv in the movie title :-)

• Bill Shakespeare Salt Lake City, UT
    June 28, 2013 4:59 a.m.

This is gonna be bigger than World War Z!

• Joan Watson TWIN FALLS, ID
    June 28, 2013 9:38 a.m.

The emotional things these young missionaries endured reminds one of Victor Henkl's book, 'Mans Search for Meaning' Confirming that when everything is forcefuy taken from one, by the tyranny of others, one basic priciple cannot be taken -ones free agency to choose how they will live the inner self. To live, endure and die.

• jimmypratt Salt Lake City, UT
    July 8, 2013 2:32 p.m.

I am excited to see the story of two LDS missionaries who were kidnapped, held for a time, then released by their drunken captor when he realized that the Church doesn't pay ransoms. My favorite parts will be the liberal use of emotional orchestra music and a dramatization of the conversations between the guards and the missionaries. It will be a movie to rival Ephraim's Rescue, I'm sure!