Utah

Comments

• Red Smith American Fork, UT
    June 20, 2013 5:25 p.m.

He wore bad suits?

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    June 20, 2013 12:10 p.m.

I actually wonder if some of this has to do with the fact that George Zimmer was in favor of legalizing recreational marijuana use. We know he was in favor of Prop 19 in California.

• Johnnyoh! ,
    June 20, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Reminds me of when Dave of Wendy's fame, and Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried left their respective positions, never seems the same.

• Rustymommy Clovis, NM
    June 20, 2013 10:24 a.m.

Ironic that you can devote 40 years of your life to starting a business and making it successful and then be fired by people who weren't there during your start up years.Somehow, this doesn't seem right. I guess this is the risk of selling stock in your own business.

• annmac joliet, IL
    June 20, 2013 8:27 a.m.

@owlmaster--I agree with you. Zimmer is the familiar face of the company and if the board is firing him because of his age, I think a lot of men, whether old or young, will stop shopping there.

• J-TX Allen, TX
    June 20, 2013 8:04 a.m.

Now who is going to "guarantee I'll love the way I'll look"?

• belgie Tualatin, OR
    June 20, 2013 7:31 a.m.

I shop at Men's Wearhouse, but only when they run the 50% off sales. Otherwise, they are way overpriced. I wonder if that strategy was Mr Zimmer's or somebody else's. I sure dislike it.

• ChuckGG Gaithersburg, MD
    June 20, 2013 7:07 a.m.

"....Most of the stories seem to say that the company felt he was too old to be selling suits to young men and wanted to change the 'image' of its leadership. What a wonderful world-------"

A shame because he is exactly the guy who could sell suits to up and coming young businessmen. He's the founder, successful, and "looks the part." I'd believe him over a 20 year old in a "fashion" vs. business suit.

• owlmaster2 Kaysville, UT
    June 19, 2013 10:12 p.m.

@annmac.....

I'm old... I buy several suits in a year.

If age discrimination turns out to be the reason Zimmer is gone, I'll guarantee you I won't buy another suit from Men's Warehouse.

• annmac joliet, IL
    June 19, 2013 8:17 p.m.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    June 19, 2013 1:23 p.m.

".... we should wonder why those who made this decision would want to dismiss the goose that laid the productive eggs."
    ______________________________

That's what I wondered when CNN fired Ted Turner who founded the cable news channel when skeptics thought that 24/7 news coverage was an idea that would never catch on.

• Badger55 Nibley, Ut
    June 19, 2013 12:20 p.m.

My guess is the board wants to merge and Zimmer was opposed to it.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    June 19, 2013 11:55 a.m.

He probably won't be homeless or starving, but we should wonder why those who made this decision would want to dismiss the goose that laid the productive eggs.