Sports

Ziggy Ansah calls Ndamukong Suh a 'big brother' and mentor

Comments

• utah cornhusker NORFOLK, NE
    June 12, 2013 7:36 p.m.

Ziggy could have a real good influence on Suh. Sure hope that he is successfu with his careerl. And I w.holeheartedly agree with wookieon the go Utes. There must be a few Ute fans in this husker state. I may reside here but my allegiance is with the utes.

• RedUtes08 West Jordan, UT
    June 12, 2013 3:54 p.m.

Good for Ziggy. Sure hope he is Successful in the League. One more Utah boy representing our State!

• Bill Shakespeare Salt Lake City, UT
    June 12, 2013 3:18 p.m.

Yeah, Suh is a big brother and mentor who just happens to stomp on opponents heads.

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    June 12, 2013 2:50 p.m.

uh, oh...
    Sounds like the beginning of the end for Ansuh!

• Herbert Gravy Salinas, CA
    June 12, 2013 11:37 a.m.

Oh my, yes, please be VERY careful about that "off-the-field" help that has been offered. I am sure there are many others with a better history that would be willing to help. I would definitely go there first - and last.

• Wookie Omaha, NE
    June 12, 2013 11:35 a.m.

Good Point about what sort of influence Ziggy can be on Suh. I think that carries some weight to as I have mentioned before Suh has some really good qualities to him. He does a lot of work with children and the like and also spends a lot of time in Nebraska with various charitable activities. Being a beast on the field (which he undoubtedly is) can still happen, just within good sportsmanship.

GO UTES!

• Res Novae Ashburn, VA
    June 12, 2013 7:36 a.m.

I just hope that the influence flows both ways and that Ziggy can teach Suh a few things about sportsmanship.

• GoRed WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    June 12, 2013 7:10 a.m.

A nice article about Ziggy, an obviously great young man. I wish him the best in the NFL.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    June 12, 2013 5:47 a.m.

Why try and figure out how the two can exist having dramaticicaly different backgrounds and personalities? Just look at the positive side, it's about team and Suh who took last year off just going thru the motions may work his butts off trying to be a great example for Ziggy. I think the Z-Man will be terrific and dominate at his position, Suh can grow upand be the leader.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    June 11, 2013 4:47 p.m.

Wookie:
    I think Ziggy is speaking specifically about how Suh is mentoring him on the field. I think Ziggy is aware of Suhs past and will take that into consideration. It is nice to see Suh embracing that role though...we will see how he embraces it if/when the chips are down. Maybe Suh can mentor him on the field and Ziggy can mentor Suh off it...would be a great match, elevating each others weaknesses.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    June 11, 2013 4:01 p.m.

Maybe Ziggy can bring Suh to the gospel.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    June 11, 2013 3:37 p.m.

"'Off the field, he said if I need anything, I should just hit him up and he's going to help me out. He's been a big brother to me,' Ansah said."

------------------

Well Ziggy, if anyone needs to remember the importance of keeping one's feet on the ground, it's an NFL football player. Especially one playing defense. To that end, and considering his tendency for irresponsible behavior, I hope you're more of an influence on Suh than he is on you.

• Wookie Omaha, NE
    June 11, 2013 3:34 p.m.

Living in Nebraska I know a lot of good things about Suh and his efforts here. However, to call him a big brother or a mentor I question Ziggy and how he is adjusting to football life. It is one thing to learn technique and develop one's skills but what Suh does and has consistently shown, is he acts outside the lines of player professionalism and good sportsmanship. I hope that Ziggy evaluates his mentor's and who he calls big brother. Suh has some really good elements to his personality, but he needs to mature and play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

GO UTES!!