Utah

2-year-old in stroller hit and killed by vehicle that fled, police say

Grieving mother pleads for driver to come forward to police

Comments

• chickenlittle Salem, UT
    June 13, 2013 9:46 a.m.

I lost my daughter she was 37 and hit by a car crossing the street.Please come forward who did this.I know how this mother feels.It must be eating you up inside.I forgave the woman who hit my daughter.I know you are scared.I would feel the same.But the mother needs you to step forward.I will pray that you will find the courage to do this.

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    June 12, 2013 9:34 a.m.

I struggle with situations like this. The driver may be a decent person that made a terrible mistake and panicked. Definitely cowardly to flee the scene but it still could be a situation where this person has no criminal history and just made one bad decision here. If this was a person with a conscience they are not going to recover from this until they turn themselves in and start taking responsibility. Do the right thing mystery driver and come clean for these poor victims, and your own well being.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    June 11, 2013 9:17 p.m.

I can't imagine the heart ache and shock for this Mother. I can't fathom how horrible this must be for her. It's like one of the other comments said, the Lord knows and he will take care of the situation especially when it involves his children. I hope they find this creep and the very extent of the law will put him away for a long time. He is a coward and people like that do not belong on the streets of our country.

• SoCalChris Riverside, CA
    June 11, 2013 4:39 p.m.

Another heartbreaking story. God bless and comfort this poor family.

• I know it. I Live it. I Love it. Salt Lake City, UT
    June 11, 2013 4:19 p.m.

The law may never catch up with some people, but eternal justice will.

We always have the choice:
    ...to do wrong.
    ...to repent.
    ...to change.

As a people we're trying to avoid responsibility more than ever. In all corners of life people are cheating the truth and hurting others. I truly believe that our time is running out.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    June 11, 2013 2:33 p.m.

hpr, but only if they have something called a conscience. Those things seem to be moving toward endangered species status.

• joy Logan, UT
    June 11, 2013 2:18 p.m.

This is so sad and I feel so bad for the mother of this child but she is not without blame. Why was she not crossing in a crosswalk? So dangerous. Also, they say the person stop briefly and may not of seen the toddler that was thrown from the stroller but only the mother and child still standing and felt all was well. It's so hard to say unless we witnessed this. We cannot assume anything but I agree the driver should not of left the scene but stayed and checked to make sure everyone was ok. We may never know.

• hpr Salt Lake City, UT
    June 11, 2013 12:54 p.m.

We all have a tendency to get very emotional when these types of things happen but in reality the punishment for leaving the scene of the accident is not going to be for the person to be in prison for a "long" time. However, that person will have to live with the guilt of what they did regardless of what the law does.

• ConservativeCommonTater West Valley City, UT
    June 11, 2013 10:52 a.m.

a"fin" or a "spoiler?"

the person that did this should be in prison for a long time once they are caught. Not so much because of hitting the stroller, but for leaving the scene, knowing that they hit someone.