Faith

Tabernacle Choir announces concerts with James Taylor, Lindsey Stirling, Nathan Pacheco

Comments

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    May 30, 2013 5:39 p.m.

James Taylor? That's awesome!

How do we get tickets? What songs will he perform...Up On a Roof? Carolina in My Mind? Fire and Rain? Maybe he and the Choir will sing that great ballad, Steamroller.

• Brother Dave Livermore, CA
    May 30, 2013 6:09 p.m.

Will we be able to see and hear the James Taylor with the Choir concert on BYU-TV??

We have gotten The Pioneer Day concerts in years past, BUT Last Year we did not have
    access to the Pioneer Day Parade. Hope that gets resolved for this year.

It would be nice to see and hear James Taylor with the Choir.

How do we put in our Requests??

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    May 30, 2013 10:19 p.m.

These will be truly wonderful concerts.

• Mayfair City, Ut
    May 31, 2013 6:22 a.m.

First heard of Nathan on youtube singing Nessun Dorma. Wow.

• rok Boise, CA
    May 31, 2013 7:37 a.m.

I hope Lindsey doesn't start dancing.

• InspectorC Wasatch Front, UT
    May 31, 2013 8:26 a.m.

I'm "with" BrotherDave!! (@ 6:09 pm, 30th)

I live on the Wasatch Front, and attend some of these concerts on Temple Square, etc.

But it constantly puzzles and frustrates me that *ALL* of these types of LDS concerts and events (Days of '47 Parades, etc.) aren't broadcasted on BYU-TV, to reach the worldwide audience of Saints?!?! I just don't get it!

You'd THINK this is one of the primary purposes for the LDS Church owning and operating its own TV stations! To share ALL of these wonderful kinds of "LDS-oriented" events held in Utah with church members everywhere.

• Jared Average, SE
    May 31, 2013 9:08 a.m.

Re: rok "I hope Lindsey doesn't start dancing."

Dancing is part of what makes Lindsey great. I hope she never stops her dancing!

• MormonSean Salt Lake City, UT
    May 31, 2013 9:36 a.m.

rok,

Her dancing is effective as both an art form and an expression of what she feels with music. It works for what she produces. She isn't the only person involved in this, so it will probably depend on the mood, themes, and music performed at this concert. I could see it going either way, but I wouldn't think her dancing would be out of place. If she dances it will probably be because it is called for due to the setting.

• Leo Femedlers El Paso, TX
    May 31, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Maple Don--"Maybe he and the Choir will sing that great ballad, Steamroller" That is a shameful comment.

• Thinkman Provo, UT
    May 31, 2013 4:53 p.m.

So when will Alice perform with the MoTab?

• Adrian Martin Birmingham, England
    June 1, 2013 5:26 a.m.

I would love to see these performances but, living outside the USA, what's the chance? Could they be recorded for showing on BYU TV?

Lindsey Stirling with the Tabernacle Choir - that will be amazing!

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    June 1, 2013 9:59 a.m.

JT...now we're talking. Are they going to broadcast this??

btw, when will BYU TV actually BROADCAST in HDTV?

• DebWeb Kennewick, WA
    June 1, 2013 4:24 p.m.

I've always enjoyed listening to James Taylor...until I bought a couple of his CD's. Both of them end with with him singing something about a mother f'er. I threw them both away. I can only hope he controls himself at the concert!!

• Ghost Writer GILBERT, AZ
    June 2, 2013 9:49 a.m.

I'm so pleasantly surprised to see Sweet Baby James teaming up with the Motabs. It's gratifying that, given his political views which are not quite the same as most Latter-day Saints, James is willing to appropriately set politics aside and do something great for music and entertainment. Thanks James Taylor.