Utah

Community welcomes home Utah soldier killed in Afghanistan

Comments

• M Long JBLM, WA
    May 31, 2013 11:45 a.m.

From one veteran to another, thank you for your service Cody and may you RIP. To his family, I pray for you. I have to agree with Cougar at Ft. Benning, I lived their and the community is very supportive of the troops with discounts and a simple "hello and thank you", when they see troops in uniform. Whether you support the wars or not,no matter what state, please keep our military in your hearts and support them and their families in every place they live and serve.

• B.Bott82 Ft. Bliss, TX
    May 31, 2013 12:44 a.m.

Cody
    We will miss you. Thank you for always being there and for being a good friend
    we will miss you here in Afghanistan.
    Sincerely SPC Bott

• snowman Provo, UT
    May 30, 2013 5:58 p.m.

CougarColby: Utah supports and loves it's soldiers. And this young man paid the ultimate price and was welcomed home liked all soldiers should be.

• Grandma 20 Allen, TX
    May 30, 2013 2:42 p.m.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

May our loving Heavenly Father wrap you in the arms on His love, and whisper peace to your souls during this very trying time. May you also be comforted to know that in due time you will be reunited with Cody once again. God bless!

• Carson Provo, UT
    May 30, 2013 10:16 a.m.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – J. Campbell

• luv2organize Gainesville, VA
    May 30, 2013 8:46 a.m.

Thank you Cody Towse for your service and for giving your life that we may have freedom. You have a beautiful family. God Bless.

• CougarColby Fort Benning, GA
    May 30, 2013 5:28 a.m.

I am a proud Son of Utah, now transplanted to Fort Benning, GA where I am stationed as an Infantry Officer. While I rave about being from "God's Country" (Utah), I have been slightly disappointed in the support that our State gives troops. I had no reference until I moved to the South and really anywhere on the East Coast. The military is REVERED down here with stores openly publicizing military discounts and nearly every single home flying a flag or wearing a yellow ribbon. The south loves the military! I can understand the sentiment this American Hero expressed, but I am proud of the welcome he received as he returned home. Lets pledge to be more patriotic, understanding and do something that will help us never forget our true American heroes.

To the Towse family, congratulations for raising a son who saw the importance of serving his country and engaging in something bigger than himself. I mourn your loss, but am proud to serve alongside incredible young men like Cody.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT