Utah

One person dead, horse killed when car smashes into truck in Eagle Mountain

Comments

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    May 27, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Thank goodness 2 survived with minor injuries.

Condolences to the other drivers family.

Can an autopsy reveal if the other driver was DUI?

I know...what difference would it make?

Well... maybe... the more statistics describing/defining DUI and the accidents caused might change the way the legal system deals with those people especially multiple offenders.

• arand Huntsville, u
    May 27, 2013 9:01 a.m.

Better Salt Lake and Utah counties rather than Chicago or Los Angeles. I have lived in all three. I'll stick with UT.

• earthquakejake Logan, UT
    May 27, 2013 3:45 a.m.

Calling Eagle Mountain "the hood" made me chuckle a bit. Like Eagle Mountain is significantly different from the rest of Utah, especially Salt Lake and Utah counties.

• alternate Salt Lake City, UT
    May 26, 2013 11:11 p.m.

Uncle Rico. The wreck happened on State Road 73 which is a main highway between Lehi and Cedar Fort, Tooele. I would be very surprised if this had anything at all to do with Eagle Mountain other than being on the State road that goes past EM on the way to CF and Tooele.

Also I was confused with your description of EM headlines. At first I couldn't decide if you were actually talking about Sandy, West Jordan, South Jordan, West Valley City, Salt Lake City, or even Murray and the ones I left out. They all fit your description.

• azgal Buckeye, AZ
    May 26, 2013 8:44 p.m.

That's confusing. Head-on collision or a T-bone collision, which? It cannot be both.

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    May 26, 2013 5:03 p.m.

Im sorry to read this about this tragedy. That being said what up with EAGLE MOUNTAIN. Ever since that place was built its one headline after another... Corrupt City Council, child abuse, murder, rape. I know this stuff happens everywhere but I bet a study into the "hood" would reveal a high dose of problems in that area.