Faith

Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love celebrated during funeral services

Comments

• ElisabettaGennello Slc, UT
    May 28, 2013 9:18 p.m.

I remember when Sister Frances Monson broke her hip and shoulder and was recovering on a cold November 2009 day. She never complained and adamantly cautioned her daughter, Sister Ann Dibb, that she was not an invalid and with God's help she would recover; adding something like "now Thomas can find time for the pigeons." Sister Frances was a strong and gracious lady. She will be sincerely missed by the Church and all her family!

• lledwards38 Canandaigua, NY
    May 25, 2013 8:41 a.m.

My sorrow at the passing of Sister Monson was compounded by the realization that we didn't know her as well as we have some of the more recent wives of our prophets. I would love to have know the women we learned about only after she was gone.

• ImABeliever Provo, UT
    May 24, 2013 5:11 p.m.

President Monson looked really sad and very pale at his wife's funeral. I have never seen him this way. I felt very sorry for him and thought of this scripture and here is only a portion of it: Mosiah 18:9

Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort.
    I have grown to love President Monson even though it did take a while because his personality isn't what I am used to.
    May God be with him in this time of his life and always.

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    May 24, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Our dear Prophet has aged 20 years in just a few weeks.
    God bless your family. We love you!

• Rustymommy Clovis, NM
    May 24, 2013 10:04 a.m.

President Monson, my heart is with you. Thank you for the sacrifices you make for the LDS church and the world. Frances Monson, the angels are with you. Thank you for being willing to share your husband with the rest of us.

• Gregorio Norco, CA
    May 23, 2013 6:24 p.m.

"Sooner or later we all quote our mothers."-Bern Williams an Ann Dibb did a wonderful job today. Our hearts ache with the Monson family and will be praying for them. We love great examples of motherhood.

• David in CA Livermore, CA
    May 23, 2013 5:51 p.m.

It was a moving memorial. Sister Monson lived a Great life and was a Great example of living a Gospel Centered life. God Bless President Monson and his family and the Johnson family during this time of adjustment.

Thanks to BYU-TV for making it possible for us out of the Utah coverage of KSL to have opportunity to participate by viewing the memorial.

We hope that this coming Summer we will be able to view the Pioneer Day Parade that happens yearly in Salt Lake City. Last year was the first year as far as we know
    that BYU-TV, since its inception, did NOT give us opportunity to view the Pioneer Day parade. We were told that it was some kind of "competition" between KSL-TV and BYU-TV over the "rights" that was the problem in 2012. Hope that type of "competition" doesn't happen again this year.

If that continues, those of us who live outside of Utah are just left out, And that's not right. Earlier versions of BYU-TV included us. The Parade could be shown on a delayed time. That's OK. Pioneer Day is a Significant Day in LDS History and Culture.

• Mike Richards South Jordan, Utah
    May 23, 2013 5:14 p.m.

My most sincere condolences to President Monson and his family. Sister Monson and President Monson are an inspiration to all of us. May he reflect upon the promises that Christ promised and may he look forward to that day when he and Sister Monson will be reunited as he continues the work that he was called to perform.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    May 23, 2013 2:05 p.m.

64 years of marriage is a long long time - a life time really. Hard to be suddenly parted. Can't imagine.

• Carolyn Reid Jordan Cedar City, UT
    May 23, 2013 1:45 p.m.

I have never felt a more loving or touching memorial to a Mother as her daughter Ann Dibb gave. President Uchtdorf, you taught so many women around the world of what blessings will come to those whose homes are filled with love of family, and love of Christ.. How much I have to learn to make my home like that. A most meaningful and well done service of a woman who walked with God. To President Monson, I saw your sadness and weeped for you in your sorrow. May my prayers of strength and those across the world comfort you at this time.

• garysticht Salt Lake City, UT
    May 23, 2013 1:41 p.m.

May God bless our dear prophet and may God be with you 'til we meet again Sister Monson.