Utah

Davis County honor student arrested in deaths of 2 younger brothers

Comments

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    May 24, 2013 7:22 a.m.

Sometimes I just don't know what to believe when the reporters can't get facts straight. The father is NOT active duty military. This would be a very easy fact to find out. My heart goes out to the family and we should all wait until we know the facts before commenting about this case.

• Ruthey01 Bremerton, WA
    May 23, 2013 8:15 p.m.

My deepest condolences and prayers go out to the family and community.

@ sby1955 - It said he was an honor student, not that they were honoring him.

• Bob Pomeroy Bisbee, AZ
    May 23, 2013 7:29 p.m.

Talofa: it's the reason we have for juvenile court and juvenile sentencing rules. Hardly proper grist for the political mill. and we ultimately don't believe in tragedy

• regis Salt Lake City, UT
    May 23, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Too sad for words. This family has lost three children in a way that will haunt everyone involved for the rest of their lives.

• Another Perspective Bountiful, UT
    May 23, 2013 3:27 p.m.

Further evidence that if people want to murder they will find a tool to do it. What we have is a violent people problem, not a tool problem.

• sby1955 Sandy, UT
    May 23, 2013 3:06 p.m.

The headline read to me that West Point was honoring their student. First thing my brain saw.

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    May 23, 2013 2:49 p.m.

As a member of the community here in West Point I am deeply saddened at the news of this tragedy. As a parent I can't imagine the grief and questions these parents are feeling and having right now, especially the father traveling home from military service. Losing a child is heartache enough, but losing one to the justice system after taking the lives of his brothers (allegedly) would cause pain that most wouldnt be able to endure. Deepest prayers and sympathy for this family, may Gods light and love bring them some measure of peace and allow healing to take place.

• Lasvegaspam Henderson, NV
    May 23, 2013 1:44 p.m.

So sad and so tragic. Attending a dance recital to come home to this unimaginable scene. My heart goes out to all the family members. May they have peace.

• FromWA Olympia, WA
    May 23, 2013 1:34 p.m.

What a tragic thing to happen. However it happened I wish the family peace and hope they find a way to carry on after this.

• Twin Lights Louisville, KY
    May 23, 2013 12:59 p.m.

I pray the brother is not guilty. The two deaths are hard enough for the family.

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    May 23, 2013 11:23 a.m.

What a tragic story! It would be even worse if it is discovered that the young man in question killed his own brothers. It's the ultimate nightmare for any parents. My deepest condolences to the family!