Faith

Public invited to funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson

Comments

• ulvegaard Medical Lake, Washington
    May 22, 2013 11:41 a.m.

Along with members of my family, we wish to extend our tributes to a great lady. I have experienced many funerals in my life and am so grateful for the ones which focus, not on the tragedy of death, but on the accomplishments of life as we bid farewell until a future, more glorious reunion. Sister Monson was a great lady as witnessed by the out pouring of love at this important milestone in her existence. May we all live as much of a Christ-like life as she did.

• Dora King's Lynn, 00
    May 22, 2013 10:36 a.m.

I am glad the funeral service of Sister Monson will be broadcast over internet as millions of members would have loved to attend the service. By having a part of funeral private, the family get privacy at the grave, but at the public part of the services in the Tabernacle speeches and views of flowers etc. can be shared with millions. I look forward to watching it. My deepest condolences to President Monson and family!

• Montana Mormon Miles City, MT
    May 22, 2013 9:27 a.m.

I live in Montana. I will watch it too.

Thank you, President Monson, for sharing this sacred and tender event with all of us who live far from Salt Lake City.

• LDSNANNY Newport Beach, CA
    May 22, 2013 9:12 a.m.

I live in California I will watch it

• I know it. I Live it. I Love it. Salt Lake City, UT
    May 21, 2013 10:50 p.m.

crawfordzoo,

Just to clear up a point... I don't think anyone is wrong for choosing to broadcast a funeral service. I'm just not in love with the idea, that's all.

• crawfordzoo Barstow, CA
    May 21, 2013 8:48 p.m.

I don't see any difference between a public funeral, with hundreds of people in attendance, and broadcasting it. Sister Monson was loved around the world and I am glad President Monson chose to allow members and friends worldwide to watch the proceedings. I would have understood if he had decided against it, but am glad that it is available. From personal experience I know that a funeral is a great way to feel the spirit and the love that our Heavenly Father has for His children, as well as learn about the eternal truths.

• I know it. I Live it. I Love it. Salt Lake City, UT
    May 21, 2013 8:18 p.m.

While the nature of broadcasting is to take an event to a larger audience, I don't know if I believe funerals are appropriate for broadcast television. Maybe radio, but I'm not as sure about broadcasting pictures of a casket, etc. I could be wrong and I certainly understand why some want it. I'm just expression the notion that some families may not wish it for their loved ones... so I wouldn't be disappointed it isn't.

• 7/24/47 Live Oak, CA
    May 21, 2013 8:45 a.m.

Well they be broadcast on the web?

• higv Dietrich, ID
    May 20, 2013 10:27 p.m.

Will the funeral be broadcast on BYUTV or LDS.org?