Family

Netflix shares soar to 2011 levels; 'large families' plan unveiled

Comments

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    April 24, 2013 6:26 p.m.

If you want to limit what ratings on Netflix you can do so in the settings.
    For example if you have small children and only want them to watch PG movies, set in settings and then when you are browsing shows only PG or G shows will be visible.

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    April 24, 2013 3:35 p.m.

I love netflix. No Commercials and plenty of variety. Best of all, it has not been censored for 7 year olds and JCS, so being an adult, I appreciate that someone recognizes that fact.

Religious books contain some of the most violent and appalling stories. Some how the moral of the story, makes up for the vile imagery portrayed. I would argue that most of the movies that you would never watch, follow the same plot.

The names may have changed, but the song remains the same.

• SlopJ30 St Louis, MO
    April 24, 2013 11:10 a.m.

I nominate John C.S. as "In-Home Entertainment Czar." Let me know when your list of non-filthy programming is complete and I'll post it on my fridge. Until that time comes, I'll pray I can hold my fragile little family together against all these dadgummed assaults I keep hearing about.

• MormonMedia Reviews FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
    April 23, 2013 11:44 p.m.

I think your view of Netflix is a little harsh. The same things could be said about the internet.

While I agree that Netflix does have it's share of inappropriate titles, it also has some great family programming. Our Xbox even has an option when logging in, to chose normal or "children's only" programming. When we first started our account we were not happy about some of the images shown with movie options, but as our kids have now spent many a sick day watching Dora the Explorer and The Aquabats, those inappropriate suggestions are no more.

I have a blog post full of great family friendly titles

• John Charity Spring Back Home in Davis County, UT
    April 23, 2013 9:23 p.m.

Hutterite is correct. Netflix is just a pawn that the modern Hollywood machine uses to push immoral filth into American homes. Far too many of the movies offered by Netflix are little more than outright attacks on traditional marriage and family. Indeed, many of the movies openly promote wanton sexuality and drug use. No conscientious parent would expose children to this garbage.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    April 23, 2013 8:26 p.m.

Netflix has a lot of that stuff going on that we want the FCC to regulate, but we'll continue to pay for netflix.