Sports

BYU's Dave Rose unwittingly played role in Ziggy Ansah's football success

Comments

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    April 22, 2013 12:05 p.m.

Gotta laugh at the jealous whiners who are growing "tired" of the stories about Ziggy.

• AZguy Phoenix, AZ
    April 22, 2013 10:01 a.m.

Leonard Myles Mills took him to the football office though that story my be apocryphal. Leonard also grew up in Ghana and was an Olympic sprinter.

• Tilka PORTLAND, OR
    April 22, 2013 8:08 a.m.

So who is the BYU track coach that got him into football. That person needs to get the credit.

• localblue Sandy, UT
    April 22, 2013 1:35 a.m.

Actually, the track coach should get all the credit. Dave Rose shouldn't get any. As far as I can tell, he just cut him and said see you later. He didn't walk him over to the football office. The track record deserves the credit. Please do a story about him.

• UteMiguel Go Utes, CA
    April 21, 2013 8:01 p.m.

Ziggy has a great and interesting story. But Carman, you are overstating it a bit.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    April 21, 2013 7:25 p.m.

I like how the best NFL recruiter is Dave Rose.

• poyman Lincoln City, OR
    April 21, 2013 12:07 a.m.

I can't get enough of Ziggy stories... Keep them coming.

• carman Wasatch Front, UT
    April 20, 2013 10:18 p.m.

Ziggy is the biggest football story in the valley in the past decade at least. I hope the DesNews keeps following Ziggy long after he is in the NFL.

• AZJazzFan Gold Canyon, az
    April 20, 2013 7:12 p.m.

More Ziggy stories please! Hopefully this speculation will translate into a successful NFL career. To MapleDon, this story is just getting started . . .

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    April 20, 2013 6:46 p.m.

@MapleDon - You don't have to read him and just move on.

More to come Ziggy and good luck!

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    April 20, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Okay, now I'm sick and tired of the daily stories about "Ziggy". Move on, will ya?

• Stop The Nonsense El Paso, TX
    April 20, 2013 1:53 p.m.

Dave Rose is such a cool guy. I met him once in person when I helped his son move out of our ward, and Dave and the whole family were there helping. He was laid-back, making jokes with his kids, and shook my hand and thanked me for my help afterwards. I've helped quite a few people move in my lifetime, but that was a memorable experience for sure. I've always been a fan of Dave Rose, and especially so after that day. Reading the jokes he was making with this reporter doesn't surprise me one bit. I wish Ziggy and him all the best in their respective careers.