Faith

Hip-hop violinist Lindsey Stirling overcomes anorexia, critics to find happiness, success

Comments

• Chieftess Ivins, UT
    April 19, 2013 7:53 p.m.

I have loved Lindsey's style and spark, not to mention talent, from the first moment I saw her on a video years ago. She is so positive and upbeat. I was worried she might be dealing with anorexia, and now I am so glad to hear she is facing it head on. I would just cry if something happened to her. I look forward to every video she is in. Thank you for being an inspiration. This is the first time I heard that she is Mormon, but maybe I should have guessed since she performs with other well known Mormons like Alex Boye', Shaun Canon, the Piano Guys and others who are making a difference in the world.

• Spikey Layton, UT
    April 18, 2013 8:09 p.m.

What a neat story!

• WBMW Southern, CA
    April 18, 2013 11:14 a.m.

Lindsey's personal story and her music inspire people of all ages; and that is what makes this young woman so incredibly loved, by so many!

Okay... and her insane dance moves! Who does that, while at the same time playing the violin with such mad skills?

Crazy!

tDMg

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    April 18, 2013 10:50 a.m.

If a teenage boy was watching one of Lindsey's YouTube videos and the boy's mom walked past and saw it, he wouldn't have to hide it from her. In fact, the two can enjoy it together.

That's one thing that makes Lindsey's videos and music so wonderful.

• ClarkHippo Tooele, UT
    April 18, 2013 10:37 a.m.

Lindsey is simply amazing. WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    April 18, 2013 10:00 a.m.

Great success story. Pandora has even popped her up in my listening!

• Christmas Carole LAS CRUCES, NM
    April 18, 2013 9:30 a.m.

Sweetie...from the first time I saw you perform with Alex Boye I was "twitterpated" with your energized style of music!! You are a GREAT musician and from what I can see a WONDERFUL person! Thank you for sharing yourself through your music...you are appreciated for who you are, what you have overcome, and influence you extend to others.

• heidi ho Fort Collins, CO
    April 18, 2013 8:34 a.m.

You go girl! I have struggled my whole life trying to be who God created me to be, and to see this inspiring story and having seen her on the internet is just a lift to my day!