Sports

BYU basketball getting taste of Big Apple

Comments

• Mark321 Las Vegas, NV
    April 2, 2013 12:37 a.m.

I love BYU, but what's up with the outfits in the photo? Other than that, go Cougars! Should be a good game.

• Scandrus Cedar Hills, Utah
    April 1, 2013 7:51 p.m.

I played at BYU and in the 1988-89 season we played in the Joe Lapchick tournament at St. Johns University. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis at Time Square. We lost to St. Johns on saturday and we were scheduled to fly home sunday afternoon, at 5am we were woken up by fire alarms going off. I was throwing my stuff in a gym bag when a minute later a New York city fireman knocked on our door and escorted us out of our room, down the hall and into the stairway. He said, "move quickly and don't stop". That got my blood pumping. The elevators were shut down so we had to walk down 34 flights of stairs with water and smoke filling the stairway. Fire had broken out two floors below us. Everyone got out safely but my stuff smelled like smoke from then on. We really wanted to win that game but after the fire the game didn't seem nearly as important. I definitely won't forget that trip to New York!

• BuckeyeCoug Columbus, OH
    April 1, 2013 6:48 p.m.

110 years ago

• Gregorio Norco, CA
    April 1, 2013 6:18 p.m.

Remember, this team is different than last time they played Baylor. Hope for the best for all the team. Go Cougs!!!

• ha_Y_nCoug Mililani, HI
    April 1, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Isn't April 2nd, 1903 just shy of 110 years ago? Not 100 yrs.

• ed in atl Duluth, GA
    April 1, 2013 3:24 p.m.

This BYU team is different then in December for sure. As indicated by the last 3 games everyone is playing better. If Austin, Zylstra and Carlino join in with Haws & Davies to have a great night on Tuesday the Cougs win. Baylor is beatable!!

• WON84 PLANO, TX
    April 1, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Baylor's length is a real issue though BYU is playing the best they have all season at this point. I'd definitely put them as a slight dog in this one but, there's definitely reason to believe they could win.

• Runner Chandler, AZ
    April 1, 2013 2:45 p.m.

Whoa, their staying at the Marquis? Right on Times Square? Nice. I wonder who is covering the bill for that?

• So. Cal Reader San Diego, CA
    April 1, 2013 2:19 p.m.

Enjoy your time, boys, and take it all in! You have no idea if/when you'll ever receive this level of nat'l media/attention. Toughest game of the season against Baylor. On paper, Baylor should dominate, but we all know games aren't played on paper. Let's keep the roll going, Cougs!