Sports

BYU football: Ziggy Ansah will attend NFL draft over graduation

Comments

• SMS Salt Lake City, UT
    March 28, 2013 10:42 a.m.

I think he's making the right choice as long as he doesn't drop drastically in the first round and is sitting in the green room for 3-4 hours. Graduation ceremonies are overrated.

• sls Columbia, MO
    March 28, 2013 10:25 a.m.

I graduated twice from BYU and didn't walk either time. I don't think I missed anything, either. They don't even give you your diploma until weeks after the graduation. He can do more for BYU by being at the NFL Draft so that football fans everywhere can see the better face of their sport--a truly outstanding student-athlete who is good at both student and athlete.

• SoCal Roger Costa Mesa, CA
    March 28, 2013 9:02 a.m.

Ziggy is definitely doing the right things for the right reasons. First, he has surrounded hmself with good friends and he has been thoughtful enough to listen to their counsel as well as his coaches.

I am impressed wtih Ziggy. He is defnitely the real deal. My only hope is that the NFL and the money that goes with it does not go to his head.

I hope that he will stay grounded in his faith and will continue to be a great example for other athletes who follow in his footsteps.

All the luck to him and the rest of his buddies for Pro Day at BYU!

• So. Cal Reader San Diego, CA
    March 27, 2013 11:34 p.m.

Enjoy, Ziggy! I believe the NFL Draft only comes once in a lifetime. Good that the school is arranging for him to do both. Great story to a great young man. It'll be exciting to following his NFL career.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    March 27, 2013 10:16 p.m.

There seems to be real innocence with Ansah, almost naievity. He is obviously a really good kid who is about to ener the ranks of fame and fortune. I am excited for him, but I sure hope he is hooked up with an honorable agent who will truly look out for Ziggy's best interests during this transition.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    March 27, 2013 9:33 p.m.

So I don't know about the rest of you, but walking at graduation was one of those anti-climactic things that I just had to do because... I just had to do it.

Now being there (NYC) if indeed your name is called in the first round, maybe even in the top five? Being present when it is announced to the entire UNIVERSE which professional organization values you so highly they will make you an instant millionaire?

Shoot, I don't even watch Sunday football, but I'm getting excited for him.

• poyman Lincoln City, OR
    March 27, 2013 9:28 p.m.

It's so refreshing to read about a rising star athlete who is not stuck on himself... Ziggy has brought humility and respect back to athletic stardom.

• COUGARNATE Lyman, WY
    March 27, 2013 9:07 p.m.

This is such a great story. Wishing Ziggy all the luck in the world.

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    March 27, 2013 9:10 p.m.

But I should mention my support for Ziggy! Great story an opportunity for the Big Z

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT