Utah

West Valley City police officer has been missing since Tuesday

Comments

• Shimlau SAINT GEORGE, UT
    March 22, 2013 1:35 p.m.

My sympathies are with the family. I hope that they can find some closure.

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    March 22, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Let's just give the family our support and love and let the investigators do their job. Some questions just don't need to be asked at this time.

I hope the family can find solice and peace during this most difficult time.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    March 22, 2013 10:52 a.m.

Sad.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    March 22, 2013 9:38 a.m.

Pretty sad for all involved. Hopefully his family can be supported through this by friends and neighbors.

Where in Wyoming did this happen? Was it close to Utah on I-80 or a remote wilderness road far away? The only reason I ask is that it doesn't take two days to drive to Evanston, but if you were headed to New Castle in would take a while so maybe he had some time to think about it. He may have even been in Utah for an extra day or so. In any case, it is a tragic ending. Many have said he was a great guy. I'm sorry this seemed to him to be a solution.

• washcomom Beaverton, OR
    March 22, 2013 9:25 a.m.

I hope this has nothing to do with the recent events where there were alot of charges dropped due to an officer in the West Valley Police Department.
    Condolences to the family and friends of this officer.

• CETCollective West Valley City, UT
    March 22, 2013 8:40 a.m.

Something doesn't add up here. People like Officer Valdez don't just suddenly kill themselves for no reason.
    I hope they find out more.

• SLC gal Salt Lake City, UT
    March 22, 2013 8:07 a.m.

My heart goes out to the family. What a shocking loss!

• SLC gal Salt Lake City, UT
    March 22, 2013 8:07 a.m.

SO he shot himself in the head while he was driving? That makes no sense...

• AggieScientist Logan, UT
    March 22, 2013 7:52 a.m.

It may seem suspicious to some, but police officers are 2-3 times more likely to die by suicide than they are to die by an assailant or by accident on the job. Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon.

• BigEasySLC Salt Lake City, UT