Sports

Utah Utes basketball: Jerry Sloan observes practice, speaks to the Utes

Comments

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    March 8, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Duckhunter, read the comment I responded to, then read my comment. If you still don't understand, I can't help you. Good luck.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    March 8, 2013 8:55 a.m.

@stg

"the results tonight speaks for itself."

What does that mean exactly? This was a game against an abysmal oregon st. team to decide which one would occupy the cellar and which one would launch itself into 10th place. I'm not really sure that is anything to "speak" about.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    March 7, 2013 10:47 p.m.

Ute buster (aka Down under), why comment on teams you've never watched? "Launch a brick time and time again?" The Utes were second in the conference in points per possession last time I checked. Anyway, the results tonight speaks for itself.

• OCoug Ogden, UT
    March 7, 2013 8:02 p.m.

Even Jerry can't help this team. I wish the Utes well, but the best thing for them is to get this season in the rear-view mirror.

Sloan needs to make his next speaking stop in the Jazz locker room, talk about choking.

• Ute buster Pacific Northwest, WA
    March 7, 2013 4:47 p.m.

So let's just see how many people show up at Chris' request. I'm thinking nobody. Utah B-Ball is totally boring. Who wants to see a team hold the ball for 30 seconds and then launch a brick time and again? I'm thinking Utah will be on the couch just like football season watching BYU and USU play in the post-season.

• Down under Pacific Northwest, WA
    March 7, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Are we still aiming for 2 in a row? That will make the season.

• Lloyd Christmas East Salt Lake, UT
    March 7, 2013 1:21 p.m.

What's the chances of a tournament like you and a team like us ending up together?

So you're saying there's a chance!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    March 7, 2013 10:40 a.m.

Let's get a 2 game win streak going into the tournament!

Show up tonight Utes, lets sell this thing out!

I'll be there.

Will U?

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    March 7, 2013 9:22 a.m.

I love the fact that Larry has not and will not pack in the season early with not much to play for. This team was 5 buckets away from winning 5 more games and is headed in the right the direction. Bringing in coach Sloan to give the kids a bit of a boost was a great idea.

Here's to the Utes finishing the season strong and making a strong showing in the PAC tournament.

Go Utes!