Sports

ESPN's Werder: Ravens unlikely to re-sign former Utah standout Kruger

Comments

• Hegdehog Bountiful, UT
    March 6, 2013 11:05 a.m.

@Razzle
    "Sacked the quarterback on 4th and goal in the Super Bowl! What can be greater?"

Maybe having your team value your contribution enough to want to want to give you a raise would be greater? I'm sure there's a team out there that needs a one dimensional, marginally athletic, not an every down player to help with their pass rush.

@Chrissy
    speaking of Ka-ching, $10 million won't even be enough to cover Ziggy's signing bonus when he is picked in the top 5-10 of the upcoming NFL draft. I wonder where Utah's top player will land in the draft? I'm sure he'll be what they call a value pick. Good for him.

• BigCougar Bountiful, UT
    March 6, 2013 8:18 a.m.

sutefallacy
    "I think Baltimore overpaid Flaco, now they can't keep their best defensive player. I hope he ends up in
    No, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs are not leaving. Also, Super bowl winning QBs don't grow on trees, but apparently guys who have career years and top out at 9 sacks do grow on trees and aren't worth the investment. The Ravens already have his replacement. I guess that's their definition of being irrelevant.

• Razzle2 Bluffdale, UT
    March 6, 2013 8:04 a.m.

Sacked the quarterback on 4th and goal in the Super Bowl!

What can be greater?

The rest is just gravy.

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    March 6, 2013 7:07 a.m.

go to KC and play with Alex Smith!

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    March 5, 2013 11:30 p.m.

Down under
    Pullman, WA

Is he part of the PAC 12?

---------

No, he's part of the NFL. Besides USC, PAC 12 doesn't pay players.

I think Baltimore overpaid Flaco, now they can't keep their best defensive player. I hope he ends up in Indy!

• Stgeorgebyu St. Georg, UT
    March 5, 2013 7:50 p.m.

He will get the money he is well deserved of but dang, I love him on the Ravens with all the other Utah products. And see ute trolls, I didn't even have to say a snide comment. I can be happy for a great player and a great guy no matter who he once played for. It's called being a grown up.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    March 5, 2013 7:20 p.m.

Indy would be a cool place to see him. Regardless where he ends up, he's a proven winner at every level, and a great example to his teammates of hard work and overcoming adversity. Proud of Paul.

• jdub1942 PROVO, UT
    March 5, 2013 4:08 p.m.

Paul, do not, for any amount of money go to Cleavland!!!

• Down under Pullman, WA
    March 5, 2013 3:51 p.m.

Is he part of the PAC 12?

If not then he is not relevant. Football does not exist outisde of the PAC 12.

• Coach Biff Lehi, UT
    March 5, 2013 3:32 p.m.

Hate to see Paul leave the Ravens. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

• IRS Agent PROVO, UT
    March 5, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Kudos to Kruger. Good to see a local guy make good. Keep up the good work.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    March 5, 2013 1:30 p.m.

$10 million!

Cha ching. You've earned every penny of that.

Making Ute nation proud!