Utah

Utah's wireless service tax among highest in U.S.

Comments

• stevo123 slc, ut
    Feb. 11, 2013 1:36 p.m.

That's not a tax!! thats a fee! I bet they raise the tax on food, booze and smokes before this years session is over. All the mor reason to shop else where when getting your lotto ticket, heck, might a well top off the tank as well.

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    Feb. 11, 2013 10:13 a.m.

I love how the Utah GOP is all about LESS taxes verbally,
    but Higher taxes in reality.

I saw a report last night about the citizens of Soda Springs getting non-itemized $400 water bills showing no rates.

Just pay it or else.

That's called Lip service.
    Utahns are being duped by the GOP, again.

• utah cornhusker NORFOLK, NE
    Feb. 11, 2013 7:30 a.m.

Good ole Nebraska highest cell phone in us. Guess they have to tax us to death because there is no tax on food.

• J-TX Allen, TX
    Feb. 11, 2013 7:18 a.m.

We're right behind you, at #14. But then I've always thought our state should be spelled "Taxes", not "Texas". The actual taxes aren't horrendous, but there are fees imposed on EVERYTHING.

There is no sales tax in Oregon where I moved from, but upon registering my cars in Texas, they imposed a Sales Tax amounting to about $300 per vehicle, even though I did not buy them here. $25 a year to register your home alarm system, 3X the Property Taxes, Exorbitant car registration and inspection fees EVERY YEAR, they do find ways to extract the cash down here.

DN: Where's the link to the report?

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 11, 2013 5:46 a.m.

It's because the reality is that the so-called "conservative" lawmakers in Utah love taxes. They may claim to keep income tax low but they tax anything and everything they can. They are only conservative in trying to take away civil rights of certain groups.

• Brian Wasilla, AK
    Feb. 11, 2013 12:25 a.m.

We were down there over Christmas and I was really surprised at how poor the coverage was in areas like Saratoga Springs. Considering the population base that you have to work with you really should be able to have better service.

• barakoboi Layton, UT
    Feb. 10, 2013 8:09 p.m.

Nothing new...that's why I'm relocating out of this state!