Sports

Reports: Jimmer Fredette, Kings headed for Seattle

Comments

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 1:15 p.m.

It's about time this happened. And can you imagine what $500M will do to the Palms in Vegas?!?!?

• Millsap fan Taylorsville, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 12:42 p.m.

Jimmer has a 40% 3t and a 41%fg.

The fg% isn't great, but for a shoot first, 3 point threat in his 2nd year it's not bad either. And anything over 39% from 3 is impressive. I think he's doing well for his sophmore year.

• LindonMan Lindon, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 8:25 a.m.

Jimmer will thrive with an actual NBA team.

• LValfre CHICAGO, IL
    Jan. 10, 2013 8:18 a.m.

Jimmer has turned out to be what I expected

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 8:09 a.m.

It's totally up to him if he allows the team to move. This is his team. If The Jimmer wants to live in Seattle, the Kings will move to Seattle. Simple as that.

• I-am-I South Jordan, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 7:00 a.m.

this article title is misleading. it has litttle to do with Jimmer. also to all the Jimmer haters- the Guy gas been playing quality minutes. he isn't playing consistent minutes. join the cause! free Jimmer! on fb

• Y Ask Y Provo, UT
    Jan. 10, 2013 6:56 a.m.

Jimmer.
    Is.
    Overrated.

Even by those who don't like him!

• Fubecao Bellevue, WA
    Jan. 9, 2013 5:54 p.m.

I'm just excited, as a Jazz fan living in the Seattle area, that I won't have to drive to Portland to see my team.

• localblue Sandy, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 5:45 p.m.

I like how some fans continue to blame the coaching for Jimmer's lack of minutes. There are some selfish players on the team but I hate to break it to you the guy just does not play defense. It's not that he doesn't want to; it's that for some reason he can't. Have you ever seen Jimmer break up a play or stop penetration. Somehow people score on him all day. People will bring up Steve Nash as a comparable player but Steve Nash is quicker and does a lot more on offense. You can continue to blame the coaching but we'll see after this season how many other coaches in the NBA are interested in him.

• indycrimson Franklin, IN
    Jan. 9, 2013 4:53 p.m.

I think its super cool that the DN writes about perenial bench warmers on arguably the worst team in the NBA each week. I love the concept...

can you start to write a weekly column on Johan Petro? He was voted the worst NBA player last week!

You just can't get this news on ESPN or in SI...

Good job guys!!!

• Chris_B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 4:53 p.m.

My guess:

Kings headed for Seattle.

Jimmer headed to NBA All-Star 3 pt contest (and wins it).

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 3:38 p.m.

Kings headed for Seattle.

ChrisB never made his high school team and is still living with Mom and Dad.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 3:15 p.m.

My guess:

Kings headed for Seattle.

Jimmer headed to Frankfurt

• BYU_Aggie LOGAN, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 3:05 p.m.

All I can say is that they'd better be the SuperSonics again!

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 9, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Major upgrade in scenery and food choices...but he'll be still have to play with the same selfish, dysfunctional players and lame coach.