Utah

Justin Bieber meets with Utah girl too sick to attend Salt Lake show

Comments

• Nita Harris Saratoga Springs, UT
    Jan. 7, 2013 3:06 p.m.

As an old grandma I was not a fan of Justin Bieber. Now I am! God bless little Millie and God bless Justin Bieber for his kindness.

• Andy Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Jan. 7, 2013 8:42 a.m.

We are all Bieber fans now. What a stud!!

• Samwise Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 5:52 p.m.

I don't enjoy Bieber's music, it is just not my style. I often times have made fun of him and his fans because his talent level does not warrant the kind of following he has in my opinion. But I can no longer be a Bieber hater. It was great of him to go visit that little girl. Maybe his talent doesn't warrant the size of following he has, but his heart remaining kind in the midst of his popularity does deserve praise. Good for you, Justin.

• Lasvegaspam Henderson, NV
    Jan. 6, 2013 1:59 p.m.

Justin Bieber donated 100 grand - you read correctly - to a local elementary school here that has been extremely hard hit by the depression we're in. Google Justin Bieber performs Christmas concert to read the story in the Las Vegas Sun.

• mytymouse09 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 1:35 p.m.

What a heartwarming story! To "Lightening Lad" -- sure millions of others do good things daily with no media attention, but celebrities often times get all caught up in themselves and are usually too busy for small acts of kindness, so when one of them does something so generous and touching as Bieber did for Millie, it makes the news and touches our hearts.

Having a daughter who suffered with leukemia 16 years ago, I know how compassionate acts can have a huge impact on their emotional well being.

Good luck to Millie, and her parents -- I hope Millie goes into remission.

Thank you to Justin Bieber -- my impression of you just went up several notches!!

• dferg Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 10:23 a.m.

Say what you will about Justin Bieber: say his music blows, or that he looks like a girl. Make jokes at his expense all you want. But regardless of anything else you can say, it can't be said that Justin Bieber is a selfish, self-centered entertainer. I've read of other instances that displays his solid moral compass and his being well-grounded; this act of kindness merely serves to reinforce the fact that he really is a good kid.

Hopefully Millie will recover; this meeting provided a huge boost to her disposition, and it's long been shown that a positive mental outlook can go a long way towards healing physical difficulties.

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 10:04 a.m.

Great to see a celeb come down to earth and do an act of kindness..I hope you can show the pictures to you grandkids Millie..

• Mom of Six Northern Utah, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 8:56 a.m.

In a day of selfishness it is so refreshing to see kindness to others. Way to go Justin Bieber you are a class act!

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 6, 2013 8:55 a.m.

Good for Biebs...And good luck Mille!!!!!

• Johnnyoh! ,
    Jan. 6, 2013 7:07 a.m.

Substance, pure substance, glad to see some of the younger generation of entertainers showing they have substance, bet his mother is very proud of him.
    Hope this will help the young girl, get on the road to recovery

• Tom Degan Goshen, NY
    Jan. 6, 2013 5:26 a.m.

Good for him.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    Jan. 6, 2013 4:18 a.m.

Beautiful Story! Suddenly it hit me, why is an act of kindness that goes on millions of times daily become special when it involves a celeb acting as a kind non-celeb would act? I'm certain that a sweet angel as this little child have had loving folks wish her well, hug her and tell her how much they hope for her quick recovery. I have no answer but it's an odd question. I hope this child will have peace and comfort along with an immediate return to full health so she can pursue a life filled with joy.

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Jan. 5, 2013 11:35 p.m.

Wow! This one does your heart good. Thank you Mr. Beiber, for making her day! Get well soon, Millie!!

• Pragmatic Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 5, 2013 11:36 p.m.

God bless Bieber and Millie. What a generous gesture by the Biebs (even though he has no talent). I do know that this will help Millie in her healing process. Bless her and her family.

• Free Agency Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 5, 2013 11:16 p.m.

Serves me right for thinking the guy's puerile, just because I think his music is.

You never know what's inside a person till they get a chance to show it.

From now on, I'm going to assume everyone's got great things inside them, unless they show otherwise.

Thanks, Justin. And get well, Millie.

• Howard Beal Provo, UT
    Jan. 5, 2013 10:18 p.m.

Cool story...I don't like Bieber's music per se but definitely a fan now. Get well Millie!!!