Sports

Utah State football: All is 'Wells' in Logan as Aggies introduce Matt Wells as its new head coach (+video)

Comments

• eagle Provo, UT
    Dec. 21, 2012 2:11 p.m.

First, good luck to Coach Andersen and Coach Wells on their new jobs.

Second, let's clarify the historical record. This was the best season for number of wins (11). The 1961 season was the best season in Aggie history for win percentage 9-1-1 and final national ranking (No. 10)...

Like this team, the coach left for a bigger job (Stanford) and led the Cardinal, then the Indians, to two Rose Bowls. It will be interesting to see if Andersen has the same success at Wisconsin as John Ralston did once he left Logan.

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 21, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Good luck to Coach Wells and to the Aggies.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    Dec. 21, 2012 9:52 a.m.

USU was smart to jump all over Wells. I think you promote those that made you sucessful. Players will keep on the hard work. Hope USU has an even better year next year. Go Aggies.

• That's A Good One Meridian, ID
    Dec. 21, 2012 9:25 a.m.

Chin up USU. Boise fans thought the sky was falling the day Dan Hawkins left for greener pastures and Coach Pete took over. We all know how that's turned out. Gary Andersen is likely to have better results in Wisconsin than Dan Hawkins had in Colorado but my point is you're in good hands with Coach Wells. There's a good system in place now, thanks to Andersen, and I'm guessing you'll be just fine.

My hat's off to Gary Andersen for proving his worth in Logan. He did a heckuva job in his 4 years there. I wish he could have stayed another year or two but I understand the way good college coaches work these days. He had to take while the taking was good.

• CougarBlue Heber City, UT
    Dec. 21, 2012 8:45 a.m.

Plan on winning all your games next year with the exception of BYU.

• GilmerTexasCougar Gilmer, TX
    Dec. 21, 2012 8:39 a.m.

Good luck, Coach Wells. I hope you are extremely successful (except when you play BYU).

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    Dec. 21, 2012 12:01 a.m.

I am very pleased Wells is the new head coach. He will provide the crucial continuity needed for the future success of Aggie football. And he knows how to run a strong offense.

Rest assured my Aggie brethren, our program is in good hands. Let's thank Gary Andersen for building a strong foundation on which to build.

And away we go.