Sports

Utah State football: Logan Linebacker Chasen Andersen commits to father Gary

Comments

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 29, 2012 7:04 p.m.

WOW that was a great "insult". Dude you need to work on that a little bit.

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 12:11 p.m.

Stang08,

I will put it this way: you do not exactly stand up for the T-birds.

• Bill Shakespeare Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 5:06 a.m.

Boy, he sure looks like a savage in that photo. Go Aggies!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 28, 2012 7:07 p.m.

Do tell why you know why I can't?

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    Nov. 27, 2012 5:45 p.m.

@Stang08

"...you think he'd go somewhere bigger and better. Not a team who is just now on the rise and a team coached by his own father."

I would say going to a team on the rise is the equivalent of going to a place that is bigger and better. This is simply because it wont be long until that rising team attains the status of bigger and better compared to previous years. This holds true especially if athletic funding rises with the program, too.

There is nothing wrong with a player being on a team that is coached by his father. Chasen will make an excellent addition to the team.

And I know perfectly well why you cannot play football. Don't pretend your subtle identity hints have been lost on me.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 27, 2012 4:54 p.m.

I never played because of reason's unknown to you. And what's wrong with what I said. This kid is talented yes and with the talent he has you think he'd go somewhere bigger and better. Not a team who is just now on the rise and a team coached by his own father. You think he would want to earn a spot on the starting roster.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Nov. 27, 2012 1:35 p.m.

whats wrong stang08? you were not good enough coming out or Mountain Crest and USU didn't offer you? bitter much?

• Ironmomo Ogden, Utah
    Nov. 27, 2012 7:24 a.m.

@ Red Headed Stranger
    I'm sure Chasen will be treated the same as his older brother Keegan who already plays for USU...and I'm also pretty sure that if Coach Andersen ever gets fired his sons won't throw a temper tantrum and go running off to play for another university.

• Red Headed Stranger Billy Bobs, TX
    Nov. 26, 2012 6:50 p.m.

Congratulations to the young man in receiving his scholarship. No doubt that it represents years of diligent hard work. I'm also sure that the Utah State fans will be fair, and will equal their treatment of young Mr. Andersen with their treatment of Roger Reid's two sons when they were on basketball scholarship at BYU. Indeed, there are few fan bases with the fair-mindedness, intelligence and gracious behavior as there are in Logan. Clearly they will be as accepting as a public employee giving his own progeny a scholarship as when Coach Reid offered his kids scholarships.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Nov. 26, 2012 2:09 p.m.

There's a shock. A Logan kid going to USU. Of course it helps when said Logan kid is the coaches son.

• SameJersey Kaysville, UT
    Nov. 26, 2012 1:46 p.m.

To all the naysayers, this is exactly why one can expect Coach A to stay through 2018 at USU. I expect the Aggies to be even better next year than they were this year. Things just keep looking good for that team.

• tipitup Logan, UT
    Nov. 26, 2012 11:56 a.m.

He was sure missed this year. Good luck Chasen.

• Allen#2 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Nov. 26, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Another excellent recruit for Utah State. I hope he helps keep his dad the coach for Utah State.