Men found dead in Great Salt Lake were inseparable best friends, family says

• T444 West Jordan , UT
    Nov. 20, 2012 8:44 a.m.

They didn't need to release the name of the survivor, it's really doesn't matter. We know who it is and will be forever grateful to him, it just shows you the caliber of the man he is the fact he doesn't want to take any sort of credit for being a hero or anything away from the sweet angels that have passed. He to is going through a lot right now and just doesn't need to take on anything else. We need to respect and honor his wishes.

• Southern California Redondo Beach, CA
    Nov. 19, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I wonder why the survivor's name can't be mentioned. Something seems a little off. . . .

• dferg Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 19, 2012 1:18 p.m.

I did not know either of these boys personally, but I got a little "misty" reading the story. One of my daughters went to Jr. High and High School with Chad; they were in the same graduating class, and she knew him well. Unfortunately, she's living in Ireland, and so would be unavailable to pay her respects in person when the time comes, but she has expessed sadness at his demise and offers her deepest condolensces to his family and other friends. A sentiment that I and my family share as well.

• BlueEyesFr Paris, 00
    Nov. 19, 2012 12:00 p.m.

It is very sad .... especially for the little cute baby he is holding on the picture ..

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    Nov. 19, 2012 10:18 a.m.

The article didn't say if the men were wearing life preservers or not. I'm not familiar enough with boating safety to know how helpful life preservers are if your in conditions with rough waters so maybe in this case it didn't matter but I wish the article would have at least said something about it. If they were not wearing life preservers let this be a lesson and a reminder to others about the importance of taking precautions. This is so sad and my heart goes out to the families.

• Tyler Holladay, UT
    Nov. 18, 2012 5:31 p.m.

I was a high school friend of Logan's wife. This story has made me so sad. My heart goes out to all the family hurt by this tragedy.