Sports

BYU football: Again, BYU falls short against Top 10 foe

Comments

• jimbobb Modesto, CA
    Oct. 22, 2012 12:24 a.m.

The only conclusion that I can come with the poor passing performance of Riley is that he must still be hurt and I hope he's not putting his personal ego ahead of the team.

• bhansenjr Drums, PA
    Oct. 21, 2012 6:27 p.m.

Nelson, Hill and Heaps all with similar results. Doman is the common denominator. As long as he is there they will have the same results and QB's getting injured--it's the Crowton way. BYU needs Detmer, but not sure Mendenhall wants Detmer in the wings. It would help the organization as the head coach would say.

• wahului Stockton, CA
    Oct. 21, 2012 4:21 p.m.

There haven't been many big wins, but it seems to me that Oklahoma and Ole Miss are "big" programs. That said, I too am sick and tired of "mistakes" being forsworn time and again and then repeated at the nearest opportunity. I would venture that should such play be executed on the Utah, Boise State, Oregon State or Notre Dame teams, the guilty parties would have been placed in front row seats. BYU has other talent present, but it's lack of use is costly, both in game results and in the recruiting of exceptional talent that sees this myopic system at work. Do-ers want to make a difference, and if it appears that their chances of being taught and played are better elsewhere, BYU does not make sense, LDS athlete or not. At status quo, I fear for the future of our football program.

• t-ragg boise, ID
    Oct. 21, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Would have be nice if Riley could throw the ball farther than 10 yards. Wondering if Lark will ever get a chance?

• Mortoon Idaho Falls, ID
    Oct. 21, 2012 7:10 a.m.

This game was so winnable. I wonder how Lark would have done on that wide open pass to Hoffman I wonder where BYU would be if Riley had stayed at usu. it's time to let Lark play! Oh and Riley, no more talking to the press until you win a big one. Oh that's right, there are no more big ones this year.

• Jenny83 Logan, UT
    Oct. 21, 2012 1:22 a.m.

Ernest "the best team didn't win" ....That's BYU's excuse nearly every time they lose. BYU lost to a better team. Deal with it! BYU's just extra lucky Golson didn't play.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 20, 2012 11:42 p.m.

The best team didnt win.

• CWEB Orem, UT
    Oct. 20, 2012 9:26 p.m.

I'm so tired of Riley's comments. Graduate already!