Utah

Mitt Romney set to visit Utah Sept. 18 for fundraising events

Comments

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Sept. 9, 2012 8:10 p.m.

The whole system is pathetic. Mitt and Barrack are just pawns in it.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 9, 2012 8:29 a.m.

Of course Mitt is coming to Utah again. This is where one of his biggest cash cows is located.

• smarty pants Herriman, UT
    Sept. 8, 2012 11:04 p.m.

I wish I could meet him in person. But honestly I cannot afford that. What about getting real with the middle class? With $25 K I can pay my car or maybe part of my credit card debt or open a savings account I really like Mitt Romney, but those prices make him not affordable for me to meet Mitt in person. Sad.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    Sept. 8, 2012 6:34 p.m.

You (Deseret News) must be thrilled beyond measure.

• RanchHand Huntsville, UT
    Sept. 8, 2012 3:54 p.m.

How much will it cost us poor plebes to see him?

$25,000, $50,000, $100,000?

He won't be visiting with the majority of us, only those who can afford his price.

• The Real Maverick Orem, UT
    Sept. 8, 2012 12:02 p.m.

I can't help but wonder how much better our state would be if we dedicated the money given to someone who is already a millionaire, to the public education system.

Perhaps we wouldn't have the worst per-pupil spending in the whole nation?

• 1aggie SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 8, 2012 11:15 a.m.

@Pack

No... I am saying that what few ideas that Mitt and Paul are willing to divulge have been tried and have failed before. Trickle down economics does not work. The world moves forward whether you want it to or not. If we want to stay ahead as a nation, we need to move forward also. For example, we need better, more effective public education (not cutbacks in public education). A Swedish girl my son knows is going to college here (at a very good school) free, paid for by the Swedish government. How do we compete with that (i.e., if Swedish kids are better educated than U.S. kids)? Should we borrow from our parents? "You're on your own" doesn't work in education.

The notion that people don't want to work for a living is simply false. I challenge you to name 5 able people you personally know who do not want to work and be successful. I have never met a single person in my life who did not want to pull his own weight. Of course, some are old or handicapped, so they must be helped by the rest of us.

• Pack Layton, Utah
    Sept. 8, 2012 7:35 a.m.

@1aggie. "wagon wheels in the 21st century" ? I am guessing you are saying that the ideas of Romney and Paul are old fashioned and filled with values which many feel are outdated, well that is just the thing that our country needs. Yes Romney is coming to raise money and so I guess working for a living is old fashioned compared to expecting someone to just give it to you like our government is doing now for so many of the American people.

• 1aggie SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 7, 2012 4:55 p.m.

I wouldn't waste your money people. The largest sales budget in the world won't help sell wagon wheels in the 21st century.