Heavy rains cause flooding in Saratoga Springs neighborhoods

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Sept. 2, 2012 7:11 p.m.

Ernie - I sense a tad bit of sarcasm in your comment.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 3:30 p.m.

Nobody should assist with the cleanup. People should be left to cleanup their own property. Otherwise they'll feel entitled to get help. We don't need anymore socialism in Utah County.

• Most Truthful and Patriotic Layton, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 3:27 p.m.

Such flooding is predicted for all areas that suffer such fires, yet there were no preparations made.

What about a catch basin at the bottom of the hill, or something to divert water .... or even sandbags placed along the predictable streets?

Mayor Love was there last night, and she's promising to ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for disaster relief.

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 12:48 p.m.

I did not know George W. Bush was the Mayor of Saratoga Springs?

And unless you are reading something other than the DN web site I am reading, nobody is blaming Mayor Love for causing the flooding.

Jim Matheson, meanwhile, makes the people of the 4th District his priority, refusing to go "on vacation" to any party conventions because, as he rightfully put it, "they are just partisan infomercials".

The flooding is the result of vegetation being burned off in the foothills above S.P. The Mayor (or a 4th grader) should have been able to anticipate flooding, and should have taken actions to prevent it.

But, as you point out, "she is running for office" -- rather than doing her job in the current office she occupies.

• Clarissa Layton, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 11:02 a.m.

The Mayor is running for office. I hope she wins. How could she have known about the flooding? How could she have stopped it? I'm sure she'll be back to give help and comfort as she as she can. I don't believe going to the GOP Convention is much of a vacation. The convention ended a few days ago. Oh, by the way, you forgot to blame George W. Bush for the flooding.

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Clearly, Mayor Love has everything working smoothly in her city! so much so that she is able to take a nice vacation at tax-payer expense out to a party in Florida!

• Esquire Springville, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 7:47 a.m.

So where's the mayor?

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Sept. 2, 2012 12:22 a.m.

How can those responsible for the "dump fire" be assessed clean-up charges for their thoughtless actions a few months back?