Utah

Former Pleasant Grove doctor charged with murder 5 years after wife's death

Comments

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Aug. 27, 2012 1:26 a.m.

It's very difficult to hold doctors accountable for anything. The doctors around won't testify against another doctor, the board of medicines are basically fronts for a social club and juries just tend to believe whatever a Dr. tell them.

• Middle of the Road Home Town USA, UT
    Aug. 25, 2012 6:50 p.m.

Ute Alumni, I remember reading the long articles about him and that he fabricated his medical and law degrees. He was deceiving everyone and thought he "could get away with murder" all along. He had no credentials to do any medical practice and yet lived as if he did. Praises to the oldest daughter who persisted and never gave up to raise her younger siblings.

What a tragedy. This all sounds like a horrible (subject) movie bur real life and death story. May Michelle, the Mom rest in peace now.

• anti-liar Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 25, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Remember that "doctors know best" and are the "pillars of society." I'm glad this ridiculous notion was finally overcome in this case. Hopefully now justice will be served.

• Amorphous Saint George, Utah
    Aug. 25, 2012 8:15 a.m.

Earlier in life a worked as a pharmaceutical rep in central and southern Utah. This was one of the wackiest offices I called on. Not shocked at all over this.

• MealyMouth Alpine, UT
    Aug. 24, 2012 11:04 p.m.

I have never forgotten this story. I'm so proud of this daughter, Alexis, for holding it together for her family. It must have so hard for so long. She did it! You girls are strong, your mother would be so proud of you. May peace settle in for good.

• jrgl CEDAR CITY, UT
    Aug. 24, 2012 7:47 p.m.

I remember watching an indepth tv show about this case which just left me horrified. May this family who lost their mother so cruelly find peace. May the judicial system be just this go around. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the three years Martin served in his fraud & federal case was not enough? No wonder the family was concerned to have him released in the public.

• Peter Coyotl West Jordan, UT
    Aug. 24, 2012 5:38 p.m.

Finally. The local cops and prosecutors seem to have dropped the ball on this one. This creep belongs behind bars for the rest of his life.

• korn75 Cedar Hills, UT
    Aug. 24, 2012 4:54 p.m.

Glad to hear the monster will be locked up. It's the only place he deserves to be.

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Aug. 24, 2012 4:37 p.m.

as I understand it the guy is a total fraud. he does not have legal degrees in law or medicine.