Sports

BYU football: Linebacker coach Kelly Poppinga pleased with outside linebacker progress

Comments

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 23, 2012 7:27 p.m.

Chris B - I'll take your wager. You keep your commitment above if BYU wins, and if BYU loses I will not post on a Ute article all year. I don't even need you to sing on youtube, just stop posting. Deal?

Although I remember when you made a similar commitment when BYU played SDSU at basketball, when both were ranked in the Top 5, and you never kept your end of the deal, even though I "marked it down."

BTW, the BCS is dead. Can you start referring to the best teams as the Top 25, not the BCS. After this year, the BCS gets U nothing. Being ranked in the Top 4, Top 10 and Top 25 is what counts.

• Danish American Payson, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 3:18 p.m.

@Chris B: Old Indian saying: The empty wagon rattles loudest. Who knows, it might have even been a Ute that said it.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 3:13 p.m.

Chris B

No one really expects you to keep your promise because you've proven yourself to be untrustworthy.This is so sad.

I need a Kleenex, Motorbike, will you hand me one?

• u mad bro? WVC, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 2:46 p.m.

@Chris

ohhhhhhhhh be quiet already

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 10:00 a.m.

Van Noy is one of the few byu players I feel bad for. He's a BCS caliber athlete stuck playing with sunday school non-bcs wannabe players as teammates.

He could be playing for a Rose Bowl or national championship, but instead he's gearing up for another run at a WAC championship.

To each his own.

• BYU, Always #1 Saratoga Springs, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 9:53 a.m.

So excited to watch this defense! no more than 2 offensive touchdowns a game, to anyone!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 23, 2012 9:46 a.m.

Do we know the Friday night devotional line up yet? I hear after several BCS conference commissioners noted how amazing byu was they have encouraged their conference members to start holding more church events and less football events. Less hitting/running and more reading the bible is the way college football is going.

Utah 32
    byu 10
    riley 4 turnovers

If byu wins I won't post on a byu article all year and I'll sing the byu fight song and post it on youtube.

Which byu fans will match my wager?

I'll be posting all year