Comments about ‘House destroyed in fire; fireworks suspected’

Return to article »

Published: Wednesday, July 18 2012 11:41 a.m. MDT

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
Lady Falcons Fan
Syracuse, UT

If it isn't proven that fireworks started the fire, then why is the media drawing that conclusion. It just rained like crazy the past few days, so maybe...just maybe, we shouldn't blame fireworks without truely knowing it was the cause. AND, fireworks are not all equal, there are still illegal firework out there that are more likely to start fires, so lets not lump all fireworks together and make them seem evil.

Shawnm750
West Jordan, UT

@Lady Falcons Fan - They aren't drawing that conclusion. They're merely saying that's the suspected cause, probably based on what officials at the scene said. The fire started on an outside deck, attached to the house, where the neighbors had already complained previously about them lighting off fireworks. I don't think it's too bold to assume or assert that MAY have been a cause. However, nowhere in the article does it state that WAS the cause...

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments