Utah

Utah football: Utes pick up Orange County commit Myron Aiava

Comments

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    June 22, 2012 8:32 p.m.

Ducky,

You don't see Utah fans posing as TCU or TEXAS fans....and Y is this?

54-10- at the LES on your coming out ESPN party.

Although you probably didn't know that... you where in Tulsa....LOL

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    June 22, 2012 2:22 p.m.

"I have very little to say about most recruits as I admittedly know very little about most of them."

And yet, here you are commenting about him......

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 22, 2012 1:27 p.m.

@co ute

"Stamp of approval" for what? I know nothing about him other than what is in the article. But as I said before he is definately not the type of recruit those other allustrious utah "fans" I mentioned earlier told us utah was after, and getting. You ought to be asking if he gets their "stamp of approval" and meets their expectations, not mine. I have very little to say about most recruits as I admittedly know very little about most of them.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 22, 2012 12:56 p.m.

@lanius

Wearing "pac12" logos all over the place and talking about how great your conference is, in otherwords having absolutely zero accomplishments of your own so co-opting the accomplishments of your betters simply because you're in their conferece, is just plain embarrassing.

By all means talk smack but, have some pride.

LOL!

• lanius Woods Cross, UT
    June 22, 2012 11:18 a.m.

17-14 -

Jumping on the wagon of a differant team that beat your rival, cuz you didn't, is just plain embarrassing.

By all means talk smack but, have some pride.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    June 21, 2012 10:19 p.m.

@ Sammyg,

BYU was not ranked in the top 25 in the BCS. Who cares if the cougies showed up in one poll at #25?

We pounded you on your turf and Utah will crush BYU again at RES........and you know it, we know it, the world knows it as well. So, buckle up AGAIN for a depressing evening on 9-15-12.

Now, you can get back to printing your "glory" t-shirts. Ducky is thirsting for one. Cheers!

Goooooooo Utes!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    June 21, 2012 9:30 p.m.

Devilishute, 54-10

"The pain of the 54-10 debacle is all over Cougar Nation."

Really? That Top 25 ranking and not seeing the Utes anywhere on the end of season radar kind of blows your 'theory' to heck.

However, we all know that 17-14 just invokes all sorts of 'could of, should of' conversation in Ute Nation.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    June 21, 2012 8:50 p.m.

I watched film of this kid. He is a man among boys and very athletic...........he could be another lethal Ute defensive end. Way to go Utah!

• CO Ute PARKER, CO
    June 21, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Duckhunter - I didn't want your opinion on the kid, just wanted to know if he got your stamp of approval?

I will give you credit that you have changed from claiming that 'all U fans' said this or that and have limited you comments to a few specific poster. I'm will to banter about the programs as much as the next person but I don't represent all U fans any more than Hedgehog represents all U fan. These are just individual opinions.

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    June 21, 2012 4:37 p.m.

Hertz-

Why do you feel like you have to retort to 54-10 comments if it doesn't bother you?

How about this one...7 of the last 10?

• 17-14 Hurts Don't It? Springville, UT
    June 21, 2012 4:26 p.m.

7-47, 3-28, 3-26, 17-14. Pivotal games for the Utes these last two seasons.

Those four games were something, 17-14 especially. Jenny said Provo High could have beaten BYU last year, wonder what they could have done against Colorado?

54-10 didn't hurt nearly as bad as any of the above and we still got in the Top 25.

Still hertz donut.

• showmeyatd's Pleasant View, Utah
    June 21, 2012 2:59 p.m.

@ duckhunter

Great points. Speaking of which, where is hedgehog, Christina b, grandmas basement vet and the others? They are never around on the ute articles.

• 2BCSWINS West of I15, UT
    June 21, 2012 11:34 a.m.

@cougiefaninTX "Even when BYU put a 70 point whipping on U, witnessed by my own eyes in 1989, I let it go and moved on after the football season."

Yet here you post it 23 years later while ripping somebody for posting something that happened 9 months ago?

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 21, 2012 8:20 a.m.

@co ute

Why would you ask what I think about him? I know nothing about him other than what's reported here and don't pretend to know any more than that. We know he was lightly recruited by some unimpressive schools but that doesn't mean anything to me. The only thing I find amusing about it is that if this kid had committed to BYU the usual utah "fan" culprits of naval vet, chris b, hedgehog, etc would be on here mocking him, and BYU, but since this is a utah commit they are no where to be seen. I'm not surprised they aren't around since this is not the type of recruit they claim utah is after, or getting. So that little factor of this is kinda fun for me but other than that I really don't have an opinion on him. He may turn out to be great, he may turn out to be a flop, he may change his mind and go somewhere else. We'll see I suppose.

• Proud Ute ,
    June 21, 2012 5:29 a.m.

"I don't think there's any debate which team would have won if they had played in late November or December."

Still with the coulda, woulda, shoulda, I thought you let it go and moved on after the football season?

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    June 20, 2012 11:35 p.m.

@54-10
    "The pain of the 54-10 debacle is all over Cougar Nation."

Your tagline is nine months old. Can't U come up with anything new? Maybe nothing new has happened on the hill. Even when BYU put a 70 point whipping on U, witnessed by my own eyes in 1989, I let it go and moved on after the football season.

Believe me, I have no more pain for last season after seeing the Cougs finish in the Top 25. U may have won the battle on September 17, but the Cougs clearly won the war with a much better overall season. I don't think there's any debate which team would have won if they had played in late November or December.

• CO Ute PARKER, CO
    June 20, 2012 10:15 p.m.

But the most important question is does this recruit get the 'Duckhunter stamp of approval"?

None of know if this kid will be a star player or never see the field. I give the U coaching staff credit for their track record of recruiting defensive line players and turning them into very good college and sometimes pro players. The U staff must feel this young man has the potential to be a very good player or wouldn't have made the offer.

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    June 20, 2012 10:17 a.m.

The pain of the 54-10 debacle is all over Cougar Nation.

Keep it coming Cougar "fans."

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    June 20, 2012 6:55 a.m.

Ute 95, Oh ok, and Washington...don't want to be guilty of twisting the story on any recruits now do we...(big smile).

• U 90 Corona, CA
    June 19, 2012 10:20 p.m.

Worf,

Does that mean Weber will win 64-10 ?

• worf Mcallen, TX
    June 19, 2012 8:00 p.m.

Weber will be a tougher game than the utes. Mark it down.

• Proud Ute ,
    June 19, 2012 6:33 p.m.

Welcome to Utah football Myron.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    June 19, 2012 6:01 p.m.

Atually it is utah "fans" that generally make the snide remarks when BYU gets a committment from an "under the radar" recruit. Turn about is definately fair play here. Based on the other schools recruiting him this is definately the kind of recruit we would be hearing hedgehog, chris b,naval vet, and most of the other utah "fans" around here mock and pan over and over again.

But of course none of us knows what kind of player he will turn out to be but we'll all find out eventually. In the meantime utah "fans" any remark any BYU fan makes about this, his "star rating", the other schools recruiting him, any of that, is absolutely fair game. Deal with it.

• jonnyboy Orem, UT
    June 19, 2012 5:23 p.m.

So BYU fans can mock Utah for landing an under the radar recruit in Myron, but BYU landing an obscure player in Peoples is somehow different...good to know.

• Utah'95 FPO, AE
    June 19, 2012 4:56 p.m.

3grandslams,

Cute post, but you conveniently left out, "he had received a lot of interest from Washington."

Let's see how he looks on the field, shall we?

• jonnyboy Orem, UT
    June 19, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Nice try you two...but if you check out his film on hudl you might not be making such snide comments.

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    June 19, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Snatched him right away from San Jose St. and Nevada. Nice. PAC 12 is really working in the WAC.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    June 19, 2012 3:48 p.m.

Utah State will be offering this afternoon.