Sports

Blue roundup: Will BYU's season-opener vs. Washington State get bumped up two days?

Comments

May 21, 2012 10:54 a.m.

@NoConference "Again, what is exclusive about BYUs contract? They are not the only school shown there you know."

True, but they ARE the only school shown there that isn't part of a conference contract, meaning that BYU got this contract with ESPN on their own merit. Not many schools could do that.

"If its so "exclusive" Bama, LSU, USC and others would have the same contract."

Thanks for proving my point. RELEVANT teams like LSU, USC, and Alabama (I notice U didn't include Utah there...LOL!) could have their own contract with ESPN like BYU does However, as you pointed out, they are in conferences and are the featured teams in their conferences, so they get ESPN coverage through their conference. BYU gets featured through ESPN without being in a conference.

My original point was that Utah is in a conference that has a contract with ESPN/ABC/FOX to show their games, and yet the PAC 12 relegated the Utes to 3 FSN Regional games and one Versus game, meaning that the Utes had to go out and get their 'exclusive' contract with KJZZ just to have the rest of their games shown.

Utah = Irrelevant
    BYU = Relevant

• The Deuce Livermore, CA
    May 18, 2012 9:55 p.m.

Well, the Cougars are right back where they were last year at this time with independence. BYU will need to win all games through September to be even followed or considered in the polls. This is what independence has bought them. You can move the ESPN games around as much as you want. The bottom line is that the Cougars either win in September or the season is over.

• No Conference Will Take Us SEATTLE, WA
    May 18, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Not so truecoug1.
    BYU is piggybacking of ESPN. It seems BYUtv is not getting the attention they hoped for. Again, what is exclusive about BYUs contract? They are not the only school shown there you know. If its so "exclusive" Bama, LSU, USC and others would have the same contract. Problem is they don't need it. They generate money on their own, have better conference TV contracts and are well known anyway.
    Seriously, My fellow BYU fans need to settle down. Look at all the TBD games at LES this upcoming season. ESPN only cares about filling slow time slots on Saturday's. BYU is just the ticket.

May 18, 2012 4:39 p.m.

@NewsForU

Here's proof of what I have mentioned from an article in the Trib:

"Networks aligned with the Pac-12 Conference and Utah's nonconference road opponents have first rights at telecasting Utah's games in 2011 and have already chosen Ute games against USC on Sept. 10 (Versus), Brigham Young on Sept. 17 (ESPN2) and Colorado on Nov. 25 (FSN). In addition, the ESPN and Fox family of stations reserve the right to choose additional games up to six or 12 days in advance of the game."

As for the "every Utah football and basketball game will be televised nationally" claims...I'll believe that when I see it. If recent history is any indication, the PAC 12 will relegate you AT BEST to the PAC 12 'National' Network, which currently reaches about 40 million households (for comparison, BYUtv is in 65 million homes).

But you're right, that IS a step up from KJZZ.

U have to piggyback off of a conference that doesn't respect you to get your 'national' coverage.

BYU gets its coverage by itself exclusively through the ESPN.

Utah = Irrelevant.
    BYU = Relevant.

Go Cougars!

May 18, 2012 4:29 p.m.

@NewsForU "Utah joined the Pac-12 a year earlier than scheduled. The Pac-10 in 2011 was in their final year of their current TV contract. The Pac-10 TV set up was only for the 10 schools and Utah and Colorado were not apart of it when the contracts were signed."

Would you care to explain, then, why the PAC 12 had already scheduled Colorado and Utah on FSN AND Colorado vs USC on ESPN2 BEFORE the season started, if they weren't part of the contract? That was all part of the initial PAC 12 TV schedule back in January of 2011.

Also, the PAC 12 left a bunch of dates TBD where they would pick games to fill out their TV schedule. U qualified for 2 of those (Washington and ASU).

If U wanted to correct on me anything, it should have been that the PAC12 also had contracts with ESPN and ABC to televise 20 of their contests throughout the year. My favorite part of that is the PAC 12 picked the COLORADO/USC game to be on ESPN2, while the Utah/USC game was relegated to MWC Lite (Versus).

Utah = Irrelevant.

Go Cougars!

• News For U Sandy, Utah
    May 18, 2012 4:02 p.m.

@ truecoug1

"Here's an illustration for you: when Utah was invited into the PAC 12, the CONFERENCE had a contract with Fox to show its athletic events. Because the PAC 12 didn't feel that Utah was a good enough product to show week in and week out on Fox (3 games on FSN), Utah signed an EXCLUSIVE contract with KJZZ to distribute their games, just so local fans could watch their team (5 games on KJZZ). Utah = Irrelevant".

Wow! You are clueless!

Let me correct you on one major detail you missed. Utah joined the Pac-12 a year earlier than scheduled. The Pac-10 in 2011 was in their final year of their current TV contract. The Pac-10 TV set up was only for the 10 schools and Utah and Colorado were not apart of it when the contracts were signed. Utah had to get KJZZ and Colorado had to go find their own TV providers from the Big 12. Now that the new Pac-12 TV contracts start up in August. You will notice that ever Utah football and men's basketball game will be nationally televised. Thanks to ESPN, FOX, and Pac-12 Networks.

Now stop your Y'ning!

May 18, 2012 1:53 p.m.

@NoConference

A lot of CONFERENCES have contracts with ESPN. I can't think of many TEAMS with exclusive contracts with the World Wide Leader where it's just between that one school and ESPN.

Here's an illustration for you: when Utah was invited into the PAC 12, the CONFERENCE had a contract with Fox to show its athletic events. Because the PAC 12 didn't feel that Utah was a good enough product to show week in and week out on Fox (3 games on FSN), Utah signed an EXCLUSIVE contract with KJZZ to distribute their games, just so local fans could watch their team (5 games on KJZZ). Utah = Irrelevant.

BYU went independent because they signed an exclusive contract with ESPN, who felt BYU was a good enough product to show week in and week out on the World Wide Leader (evidenced by 11 of the 13 games being shown on the ESPN family of networks). BYU = Relevant.

And therein lies the biggest difference between the two schools.

As for the 'no playing on Saturday' thing...have you checked Utah's schedule lately? Two Thursday night games and two Friday night games...eerily similar to BYU's.

• No Conference Will Take Us SEATTLE, WA
    May 17, 2012 9:03 p.m.

Truecoug1, any school or conference with an ESPN contract can claim to say its exclusive. Its not exclusive at all. We are being pushed aside for other games on Saturdays. Have you noticed on the schedule there is not much going on at LES on Saturday's this upcoming season? BYU is becoming exclusively irrelevant.

May 17, 2012 4:18 p.m.

"@DevilishUte "I answered your question several posts ago. I advise you to go back and re-read the posts more carefully"

I read your posts and here's what I came up with as your "answers":
    "What does it make you when you got whipped by 44 by the same team you're trying to talk trash about?" (Dodging the question)

"I'll answer your question with a question. Why do you have to use another team to do your smack talking for you?" (Again dodging the question. Notice a pattern here?)

I'll give you one more chance to give me a straight answer. U and other Ute fans try to disparage BYU by referencing them as the 'Indy/WACers', or 'WAC Champions'. However, a WAC caliber team (Hawai'i) actually beat Colorado, the same Colorado team that embarrassed U on your home turf and ended the Buffs two-year long road-losing streak.

So I ask for the final time: what does that make U?

Man up, I have faith (though it's dwindling) that U can give me a straight answer.

Go Cougars!

May 17, 2012 3:39 p.m.

@WACPaddingOurSchedule "Enjoy the Independent no chair. BYU is sitting on the floor eating scraps."

If sitting on the floor eating scraps involves signing an exclusive contract as an independent team with the Worldwide Leader in sports, being on the ESPN networks 11 out of 13 games, using our state-of-the-art facilities to broadcast the other two games to 60 million people around the nation, and finishing 10-3 and ranked in the top 25, then I'll take it.

U, on the other hand, back into the PAC 12 with U fans pumping their chests and proclaiming that their amazing 'legacy' of two BCS wins got them in. The PAC 12 was so impressed by that pedigree, they offered you no money for your first year (how's that fundraiser going, by the way?), then took it a step further by putting your first ever PAC 12 game (against USC) on...wait for it...MWC Lite (Versus), right in between the hunting and fishing show and bowling.

Colorado, meanwhile, with its fantastic pedigree of a 36-59 record since 2004, gets its first ever PAC 12 game on ESPN2 (also against USC).

I'll take independence any day.

May 17, 2012 3:19 p.m.

@MLH "To put Colorado and Weber State in the same sentance really shows the lack of knowledge you have when it comes to college football."

Not sure why, and here's my reasoning:

Final Sagarin Ratings 2011:
    Colorado #107
    Weber State #136

Weber State, at 5-6, had a losing record in the FCS last year and still only finished 29 spots behind Colorado. The only reason Colorado even finished that 'high' was because they beat Utah.

So explain to me again why putting Weber St and Colorado in the same sentence as examples of two really bad teams demonstrates a lack of football knowledge?

I look forward to your rebuttal.

Go Cougars!

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    May 17, 2012 2:35 a.m.

Naval Vet
    Philadelphia, PA
    sammyg:

Utah just wants to know how good we REALLY are.

===

We? I never knew you played...

See last years last game Utah played against Colorado. The last game they played in the PAC will let you know how good Utah really is, compared to the lower - mid-major PAC talent (Colorado). I'll bet you if Utah played Colorado 12 times, they would get a 6 win season out of it, cause Utah never quit in that game, evidenced by the score.

How frantic and emotional you must feel, drinking your own tears.

But next year... Yep, that's the ticket.

• WACPaddingOurSchedule pocatello, ID
    May 16, 2012 4:38 p.m.

CougFaninTX
    Frisco, TX
    I have nothing against Thursday night games, especially this one if it gets moved to Thursday night. But I'm still struggling with moving Boise State to Thursday night. Playing Utah in SLC and Boise State in Boise, 5 days later, is a tough task.

With ESPN, we get the exposure we wanted, but we also get some obstacles like this. ESPN is going to move around games, dates and times to capture as many eyeballs as possible.

___

Would you mind explaining "With ESPN, we get the exposure we wanted" please.
    Because losing 54-10 on national prime time TV is not good exposure. Neither is dining on WAC teams. It might be the exposure that you and other BYU hopefuls like. But the rest of the country cares less.

• WACPaddingOurSchedule pocatello, ID
    May 16, 2012 4:34 p.m.

truecoug1
    Provo, UT

Enjoy that PAC 12 high chair :)

Go Cougars!

________

Enjoy the Independent no chair. BYU is sitting on the floor eating scraps.

• MLH SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 16, 2012 12:33 p.m.

trucoug

I'm going to take a wild guess that it was an attitude like that that partly led to Utah getting embarrassed by that 'imposing challenge of a Home date with that powerhouse team Colorado' last year. Sure looked like the Utes could've used a couple extra days to prepare for that awesome 2-10 team.

sammyg

Everything you say-----SO WHAT!!!!

• Jeff29 Cedar City, UT
    May 16, 2012 12:27 p.m.

@ Utah-Hawaii Alum:

You said, "BYU will not beat Wazzu, BSU, ND, GT, USU and the mighty Utes will shut BYU out unless Utah turns it over deep in their own territory."

Care to put your money where your mouth is? Or at least maybe your mouth where your mouth is? You make all kinds of ridiculous comments, but refuse to back them up -- here's your chance to man up. How about if your prediction does not come true, you stay off BYU articles for a year?

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    May 16, 2012 12:11 p.m.

trew kewg

What part of getting beat 7 out of the last 10 is hard to understand? Would it help if I posted the score of each game over the last 10?

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    May 16, 2012 12:07 p.m.

"Still waiting on the answer..."

I answered your question several posts ago. I advise you to go back and re-read the posts more carefully. I know this will be challenging, but you can do it.

May 16, 2012 12:04 p.m.

@Utah Hawai'i Alum "The LDS situation has knocked on every door in the "free" world for over a century (100+) times easily. The newfound "exposure" that LDS folks hope for is inconsequential. I know you strive for hope, but it is what it is. Popularity is popular........in other words."

I said it before and I'll say it again, comments like these remind me of something that Bruce R. McConkie said: "The Church is a great caravan--organized, prepared, following an appointed course, with its captains of tens and captains of hundreds all in place. What does if matter if a few yapping dogs snap at the heels of the weary travelers? The caravan moves on."

UHA = Yap, yap, yap. Keep it coming, bro. I, for one, enjoy watching you validate Elder McConkie :)

Go Cougars!

May 16, 2012 11:56 a.m.

@NavalVet

By the way, I think it's funny that you're talking about BYU fans being frantic and emotional when U fans have about 50% of the comments on this board. U keep pounding your chest about being in the PAC 12, and BCS wins, and us being 'mid-majors', and how you've left us behind and have a new rival...and yet here U are, on BYU boards, stomping your feet and trying to get attention, hoping that people will think that U are relevant.

It's quite cute, actually. It's that little brother syndrome of trying to be relevant by making a scene, while big brother can just sit back, relax, and smile, knowing that he's already relevant and made his place in the world.

So again, if U have left us behind and moved on and up in the world...why are U here?

Once a little bro, always a little bro.

Enjoy that PAC 12 high chair :)

Go Cougars!

May 16, 2012 11:25 a.m.

@NavalVet "Well I didn't mention Colorado in MY post, yet here you are bringing THEM into the discussion. Typical hypocritical Indy-WACer."

Nope, you didn't, you just were making fun of TJ for saying we'd get a couple extra days to prep for that powerhouse team Weber State. As I explained to DevilishUte, I was simply pointing out that it's attitudes like that that probably led to Utah losing to Colorado last year, and that, in hindsight, U probably could've used a couple extra days to prepare for the mighty Buffs.

Can't overlook anybody these days, even if they are ranked 107th in the nation, am I right?

"And our matchup at LES wasn't "gift-wrapped". The better team won."

We'll agree to disagree on that one. When you score 28 pts on a total of 6 yds, and score 35 points total off of TO's, I'd say that there was some definite gift-wrapping going on there.

Go Cougars!

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 16, 2012 11:22 a.m.

May 16, 2012 11:14 a.m.

@NavalVet "Yes CU beat us on our Home field, but there were no "quitters" in THAT game."

I've got no problem saying that BYU gave up in the Utah game. It was the perfect storm, the meltdown in September, the disastrous train wreck. My dad and I actually thought it was pretty funny, and we're avid Cougar fans.

I DO find it funny that, by your own admission, your boys never gave up against the mighty Buffs. U gave it their best, laid it all out on the field...and it still wasn't enough on your home field against your new rival, Colorado, the 107th ranked team in the nation.

At least there wasn't a PAC 12 South title on the line. Oh, wait a second...

Really, I'm not sure which is worse...BYU getting smacked by Utah because the Cougs couldn't hold on to the football and eventually just gave up, or Utah never quitting and still getting embarrassed by their new rival, a team that hadn't won on the road in two years, and missing out on their shot at the PAC 12 South.

Both = epic fails.

Go Cougars!

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    May 16, 2012 11:11 a.m.

sammyg:

"Wake me up when your teams wins 6 games in the PAC 10.2"

Oh, so now we have to win 6 games in the Pac-12? Only 3 Pac-12 teams pulled that off last year: #4 Oregon, #6 USC, and #7 Stanford. It's funny you'd insist on holding us to THAT standard when your OWN guys couldn't win 6 conference games in the MTN. WEST your final year in. And and that was even DESPITE blatantly cheating vs. San Diego State. What a shining example of your typical cougar-grade hypocrisy we have in sammyg.

Why don't YOU try waking ME up when the Indy-WACers can finally beat 6 BCS-league teams in a single season. The Utes have already checked that box. We've ALSO checked the boxes for "play in a BCS bowl game" and "get invited to a relevant BCS conference". I guess you can wake me up when you can finally cross THOSE metrics off your bucket list as well. Until then...

...mid-majors forever.

May 16, 2012 11:02 a.m.

@DevilishUte "Your team has lost 7 of the last 10 to Utah...A clear trend has been established and yet your delusional mindset tries, without success, to explain it away."

I'm not sure where you're getting this 'clear trend' from. Head to head, K Whitt leads Bronco 4-3. U won 1, BYU won 2, U won 1, BYU won 1, U won 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't seem very clear to me.

I love how you still won't answer the original question. This whole discussion stemmed from NavalVet mocking TJ for saying we might need a couple of extra days to prep for a powerhouse like Weber State. I simply pointed out that it was attitudes like that that probably lost that Colorado game for Utah against that powerhouse Buffalo team, and that a couple of extra days might've helped them to beat their 'new' rival.

NV also likes to use the whole Indy/WACer term in a demeaning way, so I simply pointed out that a WAC caliber school was actually able to beat Colorado. So what does that make U?

Still waiting on the answer...

Go Cougars!

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    May 16, 2012 10:20 a.m.

Let's just hope they don't lose 54-10 and quit again.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    May 16, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Naval Vet

but again... the Utes can sure lose to the bad ones.

There is nothing wrong with playing out of your league, it's just that history does not support the premise that BYU is destined for failure and the Utes are going BCS 'Rose Bowling'.

Wake me up when your teams wins 6 games in the PAC 10.2

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 16, 2012 8:31 a.m.

@ Naval Vet,

Well said sir!!!

There are some fine people that are BYU fans, and the ones I'm friends with aren't very pleased about BYU's current debacle. In actuality, when BYU loses the ESPN contract it is their greatest fear that BYU's owners may shut down the football program. BYU won't be invited to a big time BCS conference ever. I, like many of my BYU fan friends, would rather watch re-runs of Hee Haw than BYU vs NMSU, or the likes. Football is entertainment. And, there isn't much to be entertained by with BYU's lower-tiered WAC schedule, then some obscure bowl game at years' end.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    May 16, 2012 7:52 a.m.

sammyg:

"How ironic that you whine about the ‘tough’ schedule and think the Utes will rise again to a 10 win season....That PAC pride and prestige not as fun as winning huh?...Independence and winning > mediocrity"

Nobody is disputing that the Indy-WACers would prefer scheduling down a bunch of weak-WAC and FCS-level teams in order to hit their 10-win benchmark, rather than being challenged by facing REAL teams with a REAL competitive SOS. However, Indy-WACey fans seem to have a tough time understanding why their chief rival would take their chances.

The answer is, Utah just wants to know how good we REALLY are. And if we're an unranked 8-win season like last year, we'll own it. Cougar fans prefer ersatz accolades. They like to PRETEND they're relevant.

In the 13-yrs from 1998-2010, Utah went 21-11 vs. the BCS. In the FOURTEEN yrs (1 EXTRA yr) from '98-'11, the cougars STILL couldn't match Utah's win total. They went 18-21. Cougars can't beat the good teams. And that's why they were never good enough for a BCS bowl.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 16, 2012 12:57 a.m.

I think that BYU may beat Weber State at home. Am I misguided, or wrong?

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 15, 2012 11:36 p.m.

@ sammyg,

BYU hasn't beaten a decent team in 20 years. Enjoy BYUtv in November.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 15, 2012 11:33 p.m.

If I was a BYU fan, I'd be very careful about any chest-thumping this year. BYU will not beat Wazzu, BSU, ND, GT, USU and the mighty Utes will shut BYU out unless Utah turns it over deep in their own territory. BYU has Kyle Van Noy. is all........the only good player they have.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    May 15, 2012 10:48 p.m.

Naval Vet

6 - Championships in the WAC and MWC
    6 - 10+ seasons... ever
    6 - th place in 2011

Wow is that spooky or what? Stuck on that #6. Of course had the real ranking of 8th place in 2011 had been bestowed then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

6 is it!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    May 15, 2012 9:35 p.m.

Naval Vet

"If the Utes had've played as mid-majorey of a schedule as your guys did, we would have finished with 10+ wins too."

Ah, ain't that touching. Do I detect a hint of bitterness and jealousy over a BYU 10 win season?

BYU has had plenty of them. 16 of them to be exact. And in the golden age of modern football, WAC and MWC, the Utes could only muster 6, correction, in ALL of Ute football history there’s only 6.

I think it’s hilarious (and hypocritical at the same time) that you continuously bring up this IndyWac thing and your poor team couldn’t squeeze out more than six 10 + seasons in both conferences and a paltry 6 championships to BYU’s 26.

How ironic that you whine about the ‘tough’ schedule and think the Utes will rise again to a 10 win season. I think 6 is it.

That PAC pride and prestige not as fun as winning huh?

"If the Utes..." my new pet ‘lead-in’ phrase.

'If the Utes' had only won that game against Colorado...

Independence and winning > mediocrity

LOL

• deductive reasoning Arlington, VA
    May 15, 2012 9:31 p.m.

to all of our jealous troll friends from the hill

Losses to conference bottom dwellers:

Bronco - ZERO
    Kyle - SIX - UNM(twice), CSU, Wyoming, UNLV, and Colorado

Losses to 10-loss teams:

Bronco - ZERO
    Kyle - TWO - UNLV(2-10), Colorado(3-10)

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    May 15, 2012 5:23 p.m.

truecoug1:

"Yawn. Predictable Ute response, avoiding the question by bringing up a meaningless score about BYU when I didn't even mention the Cougs in my post."

And our matchup at LES wasn't "gift-wrapped". The better team won. And most of Ute nation consider our best win of the season to be our come-from-behind victory over Ga. Tech in the Sun Bowl. If the Utes had've played as mid-majorey of a schedule as your guys did, we would have finished with 10+ wins too. Your ranking was flawed, and thanks to USC being ineligible for mention. You can hide behind your WAC-ish schedule all you want, but even YOU guys know it's true.

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    May 15, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Re: Devilish Ute

Yeah, yeah, BYU lost to Utah last year. They quit in the 2nd half and embarrassed themselves. We get it.

Now, answer this: how often does BYU get upset by teams they are supposed to beat (or even just teams with losing records)?

On the other hand, let's talk about Utah and suffering major upsets. Colorado last season (giving the Buffalo their first road win in 4 years). 2007, getting whooped 27-0 by UNLV. Losing t0 both New Mexico and Wyoming in 2006. Losing to UNM, North Carolina, SDSU, and CSU in 2005.

Sure, Utah has had some incredible highs (2004 and 2008). BYU just doesn't lose to teams they aren't supposed to, however. Other than the Utah State loss a couple of years ago, I challenge you to name another.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    May 15, 2012 5:07 p.m.

truecoug1:

I love how you frantic and emotional "TEN-side" of the 54-10 annihilation last September have to glom onto a 3-10 Pac-12 team in order to talk trash, because THEY could do what you could NOT. Yes CU beat us on our Home field, but there were no "quitters" in THAT game. Can't say the same for the aforementioned "TEN-side"ers.

Too bad the WAC will fold after this season. NOW who will you fill out the 4 remaining games on your 2013 schedule?

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    May 15, 2012 4:52 p.m.

Yawn. Predictable BYU response. Your team has lost 7 of the last 10 to Utah...A clear trend has been established and yet your delusional mindset tries, without success, to explain it away.

May 15, 2012 3:51 p.m.

@DevilishUte "What does it make you when you got whipped by 44 by the same team you're trying to talk trash about?"

Congrats on the W. It was a nice little gift-wrapped present from BYU to U, and by far Utah's best win of the season, which is why U keep bringing it up. I don't have a problem with that, nor does that game or score bug me.

Anyhoo, to answer your question (since you apparently couldn't answer mine), it definitely made us look pretty bad that day. Was BYU really that bad? Nope, as evidenced by the fact that they finished 10-3 and ended up in the Top 25. Was Utah really that good? Nope, since they finished 8-5 and lost to two teams that ended the season with losing records.

So back to my original question: if 'WAC' caliber teams are so bad, what does it make U when a 'WAC' caliber school whupped up on a CU team that embarrassed you at home?

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    May 15, 2012 3:22 p.m.

"So what does that make U?"

May 15, 2012 2:30 p.m.

@NavalVet "So you think the Indy-WACers are going to need a couple of extra days to mount the imposing challenge of a Home date with Weber State?"

By the way, I love how you use the whole 'Indy-WAC'er reference as a demeaning term, especially since a WAC-caliber school (Hawai'i) actually beat Colorado, something that U could not do.

So what does that make U?

Food for thought.

Go Cougars!

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    May 15, 2012 12:34 p.m.

TJ:

"That give them two more days to prepare for the next game."

So you think the Indy-WACers are going to need a couple of extra days to mount the imposing challenge of a Home date with Weber State? Sounds brutal. Good luck with that.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    May 15, 2012 12:05 p.m.

There is a price to pay for exposure. I don't like the BSU game being moved up either. I do like the WSU game being moved up though. That give them two more days to prepare for the next game.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX