Utah

Clayton Christensen's new book 'How Will You Measure Your Life?' generates unique buzz from major publications

Comments

• Louisiana Cougar Pineville, LA
    May 12, 2012 2:15 p.m.

I have used Clayton Christensen's Harvard Business Review article for a couple of years in business classes that I have taught as a university professor.

I look forward to reading his new book!

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    May 12, 2012 12:42 p.m.

I am highly motivated to purchase and read this book after seeing this article. I love reading positive things in the paper. Way to go DN!

• Cordwainer Bird Salt Lake City, UT
    May 12, 2012 11:57 a.m.

Clayton Christensen is not just the smartest man at Harvard, he's the brightest in the country. His theory on "disruptive innovation" gave me the chills when I first read about it in his book. He's cutting edge and a transformational leader. I would LOVE to be in a room with him for one day just to pick his brain. Forget Mark Rubio, Clayton ought to be Mitt Romney's new vice presidential candidate. That's a Harvard team I can get behind. Go Crimson!

• Mayfair City, Ut
    May 12, 2012 5:34 a.m.

I predict we are going to keep hearing more about Clayton Christensen....

• DBeck Eagle Mountain, UT
    May 12, 2012 5:23 a.m.

Having read 'Disrupting Class' and being in a room where he presented on the issue of disruptive technologies and their impact on education, this sounds to me like the most crucial 'disruptive' effort. Everyone needs to contemplate where they stand in this life from time to time and how they take on the large and even hourly decisions of their lives. With or without God in a person's life, our challenge should be to respond to the question put forth in the title of this book or at least we should ask, how do we not fail? Very much looking forward to this book and the genuine, honorable insights of this very intelligent and spiritual man who also finds value in the sciences of measuring and assessing things. So many are in such huge need of this sort of insight, especially the one writing this post.

• Heater BALA CYNWYD, PA
    May 12, 2012 12:31 a.m.

Clay Christensen may be the smartest man at Harvard. Yet when he speaks, as he does in interviews, he makes you feel an equal. Clearly, in most cases one's not, as he's a Harvard and Oxford educated, Rhodes Scholar and business leader. That's why he's so compelling. He isn't condescending as so many of these pinheaded, know-it-all, Ivory Tower, academics. I'm getting his book tomorrow. Maybe part of his secret is in there.

• stowaway Salt Lake City, UT
    May 11, 2012 11:34 p.m.

Clayton Christensen is an amazing, innovative leader in business and education. An example for all. The Deseret News is so lucky to have him as a member of their editorial board.

• OnlyInUtah Cottonwood Heights, UT
    May 11, 2012 9:43 p.m.

I've known Clayton since high school.. can't wait to read the book.

• Owl Salt Lake City, UT
    May 11, 2012 9:04 p.m.

He is a fantastic person who speaks out about issues that will improve society and not just the balance sheet of Harvard Business School graduates.