Faith

Prince Charles and the Book of Mormon

Comments

• Don Bugg Prince Frederick, MD
    Oct. 2, 2013 2:04 p.m.

Brigham Young provided a copy of the Book of Mormon as a gift to Queen Victoria, but if I remember right, he wasn't able to present it directly to her Majesty.

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    April 8, 2013 8:50 p.m.

Well, my best guess is that this event probably happened about 1992, or even earlier. So I would be surprised if it would be easy to find more information on.

• mark Salt Lake City, UT
    May 23, 2012 1:35 a.m.

Excuse me. I was wondering if anyone could provide a link to the footage of Alex Boye teaching the "first discussion" on national television in England. That really must be something to see. I searched for it on YouTube and could not find a single thing. Anyone have a link? It must be someplace seeing as this would be such a unique event. Anyone? Also could anyone help me find any article whatsoever dealing with this in the British press? There must be at least one. I searched and could not find a thing. Can anyone help? Anyone?

• angelawales Newport, 00
    May 7, 2012 11:08 a.m.

The Osmonds Mother, Olive, gave a Book Of Mormon to Queen Elizabeth, (Charles mother) in the 1970's at a Royal Command Performance in London. So thats now 2 in the Royal Family who have one now. Lets hope they do read it.

• Stenar Salt Lake City, UT
    May 6, 2012 11:37 a.m.

I'm sure Prince Charles has probably read The Book of Mormon before.

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    April 25, 2012 10:12 p.m.

And the word goes forth...

• meinmt HUTTO, TX
    April 25, 2012 9:32 p.m.

Way to go, Alex! I seem to recall another young man telling a king about the Gospel. Almost an entire nation was converted. The Spirit whispered and you listened and acted. Whatever happens now, you've chosen well.

• A voice of Reason Salt Lake City, UT
    April 25, 2012 6:10 p.m.

Red Corvette,

Actually several leaders and dignitaries of this world (both today and in the past) have read the Book of Mormon. I know that a sitting U.S. president has read it (with good things to say) and several other leaders. Many people don't convert to the church but still have read it with favor (some of which even believed it contained truthful accounts while not converting). It may not mean anything to you or other critics but it means something to us and that isn't a bad thing.

LDS members are happy to share beliefs and what is believed to be good. I would expect nothing less from all my fellow human beings. If a book inspired you to help others and have faith in what has proven good in your life- why would you not share it with others? Why doubt whether the man will read it? Is he above reading it? He is as human and curious or not curious as everyone else. If he likes its message, great. If not, at least he had the opportunity to choose for himself what he thinks.

Isn't sharing good things great? I think so.

• annewandering oakley, idaho
    April 25, 2012 12:19 p.m.

The inspiration does not have to be for Prince Charles. It may be for someone who heard the discussion that was taught. No doubt in my mind that someone was or will be touched by that message.

• Mammoo Brigham, UT
    April 25, 2012 10:42 a.m.

You can never go wrong when you listen to the spirit and the spirit speaks for many reasons, sometimes it can simply to test our faith, and sometimes something greater than we can comprehend and in the Lord's due time. Bless you Alex, for listening to the still small voice and obeying. You are a faithful and choice brother. Your story started my day off great. Bless You!

• JM Lehi, UT
    April 25, 2012 9:37 a.m.

Alex Boye is no ordinary person.
    He has turned my life upward, and many many others.

• kenny Sterling Heights, MI
    April 24, 2012 5:09 p.m.

I could only asume that he would read the Book of Mormon from what you said.What you did was great, being the great missionary.

• will7370 LOGAN, UT
    April 24, 2012 5:06 p.m.

Can you imagine the stir and controversy if someone in the Royal family actually converted to the LDS church? Particularly the prince, as he is to become the Trustee for the Anglican church someday.

• Thinkman Provo, UT
    April 24, 2012 3:04 p.m.

Great story.

I wonder if he read it and if he took Moroni's promise to heart.

• hc1951 Bend, OR
    April 24, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Tears in my eyes :-)

• John20000 Cedar Hills, UT
    April 24, 2012 11:27 a.m.

We may never know in this life what happened next with that book, but it certainly impacted Alex in a great way.

• DRay Roy, UT
    April 24, 2012 11:11 a.m.

"Oh that I were an angel...and could have the wish of my heart," words that at least for a moment, Alex Boye must have felt as he handed The Book to the Prince, and taught the first discussion on national tv. Love what he did, love the words and the song.

• Christmas Carole LAS CRUCES, NM
    April 24, 2012 10:26 a.m.

This story brought a HUGE smile to my face! This goes to show that when the Spirit is behind us, what need we fear. If something is Father's will then it can be accomplished....kings, presidents, or dictators aside. The key is humility and worthiness which Alex must have had for this all to have happened.
    I'm very proud of you, hon. You were humble enough to be in tune and go with the flow of the spirit to put self aside and do what was asked of you...who knows what wonderful repercussions will come from this?
    Way to go, Brother Alex!

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    April 24, 2012 9:44 a.m.

Well, that certainly brought some tears of joy. What courage and desire was shown by Alex risking all to give the greatest gift you could give to someone of his stature. I do believe someday Prince Charles will read that book and the spirit will take over and bless his heart and life more than anything else could. If more of our youth had that kind of desire and courage to risk for something like the Book of Mormon.

• Andermart Pullman, WA
    April 24, 2012 9:37 a.m.

Good example for the rest of us. Way to go Alex. You inspire me.

• Flashback Kearns, UT
    April 24, 2012 9:23 a.m.

Let's hope some day Prince Chuck reads it. Maybe the bride of Chuck also.

• Cpeterson Olalla, WA
    April 24, 2012 8:13 a.m.

Love it, great story! No excuse for being nervous about passing on a Book of Mormon now.

Maybe the possibility of Romney has made necessary a liitle understanding about him. Any leader would check out what makes another leader tick.

• Ilovethejjs medford, MA
    April 24, 2012 7:59 a.m.

What a sweet story. The courage some of our youth display in these latter days is refreshing and their example should be of great meaning to others. BRAVO!

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    April 23, 2012 6:09 p.m.

Amen, Brother Alex!

• Riles Midway, UT
    April 23, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Kudos Alex. You're an inspiration on so many levels.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    April 23, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Red Corvette, Alex didn't have the prompting to give it for naught, maybe Prince Charles read it, maybe someone else will read it, but I have no doubt that copy of the Book of Mormon will touch someone's life.

• christian woman Hereford, AZ
    April 23, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Yay! That is completely wonderful! Way to go!

• Coyoteghost Saint George, UT
    April 23, 2012 12:56 p.m.

I love the Alex Boye singing solo's in the Tabernacle Choir. I love the Brother Boye whose testimony matches his singing.

• hillplus Aurora, CO
    April 23, 2012 12:04 p.m.

What a fine example,Brother Boye! You rock!!

• southern son SHARPSBURG, MD
    April 23, 2012 8:17 a.m.

Well done...from a little seed grows the mighty oak...