Sports

Blue roundup: Jabari Parker named Gatorade National Boys' Basketball Player of the Year

Comments

• esodije ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    April 18, 2012 11:02 a.m.

I went and watched Jabari's highlights on YouTube, and...wow! It would be great if the Y could sign someone with his athleticism, although I wouldn't expect him to stay around long, as he clearly has the physical gifts and skills required to go to the next level. I guess we'll wait and see how much influence his mother--who reportedly wants him to attend BYU--has on him.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    April 17, 2012 6:43 p.m.

I disagree. I think BYU has as good as or better chance than most. Comes down to does he want to be a star or be the star. I think his decisions are going to be not only where to go but also a mission. I do not see this one sticking around the college ranks for 4 years. (6 with a mission)

I just hope that he stays the good kid he is wherever he goes. He could be an ambassador for the Church anywhere he goes. Does not have to be BYU. (even though deep down I hope he comes) In the mean time I wish him the best and will follow him where ever he goes and be a fan. This is a tremendous honor. Congrats.

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, UT
    April 16, 2012 5:47 p.m.

"byu has as good of a chance at landing this kid as the football team does of going to a bcs bowl!"

So does Utah.

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    April 16, 2012 4:14 p.m.

Chris B.

I guess the real story is can Utah land anyone and then keep him?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16, 2012 4:06 p.m.

Didn't the DN run this story a few days ago? Keep the PR churning! byu has as good of a chance at landing this kid as the football team does of going to a bcs bowl!

• chase SL Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16, 2012 3:18 p.m.

I hear great things about this kid. The Jazz should consider throwing in the towel next year and pick him up... Who's with me? huh? Huh?