Utah

Governor feels like 'pin cushion' in debate with GOP rivals

Comments

• nat North Salt Lake, UT
    April 12, 2012 7:47 p.m.

I think Governor Herbert is doing a great job. I'm a State Delegate, and I will be supporting him at the convention.

• Fitness Freak Salt Lake City, UT
    April 12, 2012 1:54 p.m.

Utah DESPERATELY needs a Guv. who is tough on illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration costs our states' taxpayers over 400 million per year.

Herbert has proven time and time again that he COULDN'T CARE LESS about LEGAL Utah citizens.

ANYONE but Herbert please!!

• stevo123 slc, ut
    April 12, 2012 1:39 p.m.

This election cycle is "lets grab the federal lands" cycle. I for one enjoy the federal lands. We Utahns ride our atv's mountain bikes, fish hunt, hike, ski and recreate every chance we can. There are also more wells being drilled and land opened up for energy development than ever before. When I listen To Mr Philpot and the rest of them argue about a federal land take over all I see is their greed and personal enrichment at the hands of the average Utahn.

• There You Go Again Saint George, UT
    April 12, 2012 12:04 p.m.

"...Any average human being would be a better governor for Utah...".

Lake Wobegon, here we come.

• dalefarr South Jordan, Utah
    April 12, 2012 10:18 a.m.

Not surpising the Governor feels like a pin cushion. His qualifications as a realtor, college drop out and county commissioner are mediocre. The incompetence of his administration with UDOT scandals and the hacking of state records is amazing. His policy of pay to play is tragic. Any average human being would be a better governor for Utah.

• tabuno Clearfield, UT
    April 11, 2012 10:39 p.m.

Not the best coverage of this important political race, The Salt Lake Tribune did a better job. I don't really get much information about any of the candidates to really form any opinion from this article. The article is sort of a wasted news space to me. Would be better on the entertainment page.