Utah

ACLU: Many law enforcement agencies obtain cellphone tracking information without a warrant

Comments

• George Bronx, NY
    April 6, 2012 1:26 p.m.

@rifleman

How persuasive of and argument do you think you can make by accusing "liberals" of having a double standard when by your own admission you have no standards? you have pretty well killed any credibility you may have had to speak on moral or ethical standards.

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    April 6, 2012 1:10 p.m.

@rifleman

so you lump all "liberals" into one straw man and tell us all what we supposedly collectively think to justify your behaviors. Interesting set of "standards" you have for yourself their rifleman.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 6, 2012 12:45 p.m.

Re: George Bronx, NY

Liberals don't believe the 1st Amendment should apply to Rush Limbaugh, that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to our day and age, and that the US Supreme Court has any business reviewing Obama's pet health care law. Liberals do however think conservatives should observe a higher standard.

We refer to it as the Double Standard.

• George Bronx, NY
    April 6, 2012 10:15 a.m.

@rifleman
    that was a very helpful post thank you. I finally understand where you are coming from. So basically your moral and ethical compass is set by where you perceive those that appose you are coming from or in other words where ever the winds of your perception blow you from one day to the next. knowing that it will be much easier to just ignore your comments in the future.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 6, 2012 6:22 a.m.

Re: spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    "You apparently support the idea that the constitution should only apply sometimes"

Liberals support the idea that the Constitution should only apply sometimes .... and I gave you specific examples. I think it is time that conservatives start following your example.

• spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 5, 2012 9:51 p.m.

@rifleman

just to be clear Rush, Obama, the second amendment and the supreme court have nothing to do with addressing anything I said. the only part of your comment that even begins to address my comments to you is your last statement where you apparently support the idea that the constitution should only apply sometimes. care to expand on that idea?

• spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 5, 2012 9:07 p.m.

@rifleman

way to prove my point, but thanks.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 5, 2012 8:43 p.m.

Re: spring street
    SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    "just to be clear I have no false hope that you will actually address any of my points"

The liberals like to pick and chose which parts of the US Constitution and Amendments they agree with. Shouldn't I be granted the same right?

Liberals like the 1st Amendment .... except where Rush Limbaugh is concerned.

Liberals hate the 2nd Amendment and do what ever they can to restrict that right.

Obama believes in the US Supreme Court ..... but doesn't think they have the right to rule on the constitutionality of laws he is in favor of.

Personally I agree with the 4th Amendment ...... with exceptions of course.

Am I missing something here?

• Phranc SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 5, 2012 4:18 p.m.

@rifleman

there you go again.

• spring street SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 5, 2012 4:14 p.m.

@rifleman

just to be clear I have no false hope that you will actually address any of my points since you never do but here we go anyway. first off once again you are have made your self judge. jury and executioner of Powell. Secondly do you have some secret knowledge the rest of us don't about the time line of when he supposedly killed her and "disposed" of the supposed body? thirdly are you suggesting that law enforcement should break the law to enforce the law? should they just monitor al phone calls regardless just to be sure? have fun posting your nonsense responses.

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    April 5, 2012 4:12 p.m.

@Rifleman

So you are in favor of the government tracking the move of every citizen and use that information as they deem appropriate? Is that what I read in your post?

I prefer to have my activities as my activities. If my activities cross the line, and there is probable cause, let the authorities PROVE it to a judge and get a warrant. The police don't need to know what corner I am standing on while I talk to my daughter about how her day at school went.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    April 5, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Too bad law enforcement wasn't able to track Josh Powell during his trip to dispose of his wife's body ..... with or without a warrant.