Utah

National Security Agency not vouching for details about its Utah spy center

Comments

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    March 22, 2012 11:17 a.m.

The Deseret News is compromising our own national security by knowingly participating in news media stories like this. Loose lips give secrets to and help our enemies confirm information they may already have. Stop trying to make an issue out of heresay.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    March 22, 2012 9:49 a.m.

Since this center will use so much power (electricity), they ought to put solar cells on its roof and its grounds to lighten the load.

• Gregg Weber SEATTLE, WA
    March 21, 2012 9:18 p.m.

They need faster computers. It took 15+ minutes to refresh this page.
    Actually the government, meaning Militia, meaning National Guard, or something more trusting than a military force under the authority of potential tyranny should watch over these things. See the Constitution, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 15.
    I am suprised at the liberal/progressive side not trusting the conservative who respect the Constitution. I supose that just as I don't trust President Obama with my Constitutions, freedoms, or life, they wouldn't trust another Nixon, Goldwater, Reagan, or what I might call a real Constitution loving conservative with that power over the citizens.
    In short; I want the government to do it's job of protecting the country and people from attack. I want the constitutional means of protecting the people and our freedoms from tyranny acting under color of law.

• no fit in SG St.George, Utah
    March 21, 2012 7:20 p.m.

Perhaps an Etch A Sketch will be standard fare for every employee starting next November.

• vance SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    March 21, 2012 7:00 p.m.

Don't we even find it interesting they will not discuss what is going to go on in there? Any one else would be bragging about the good they are going to do. When you are not told the facts, that is when to worry. Why do you think the Government finally let the citizens have the internet which they've had for, what, 45 years ? Now they can que in on every key punched and word said. We ARE under Marshall law folks.

• BobP Port Alice, B.C.
    March 21, 2012 6:45 p.m.

Sounds like an LDS and federal joint venture.

• Truth Machine Salt Lake City, UT
    March 21, 2012 5:26 p.m.

I feel much safer from terrorists knowing that the NSA is "listening".

• no fit in SG St.George, Utah
    March 21, 2012 5:09 p.m.

Don't be frightened Utah.
    Since we are discussing possible conspiracy theories here....try to stay calm, now.
    Most likely this place has some underground bunker where "Who's who in American politics" and their "important" friends will rush to whenever "it" hits the fan. Many fear that the new Republican President has a trembling trigger finger and will get America into another war. Not just some war, but the big one written about in religious history books.
    So very sad to hear that some of are wary of speaking your minds on these comment boards. Do you fear someone is going to come get you and lock you up?

• Conner Johnson
    March 21, 2012 5:09 p.m.

(DON'T) GOGGLE IT.

• NedGrimley Brigham City, UT
    March 21, 2012 4:21 p.m.

eerie....

• Morgan Duel Taylorsville, UT
    March 21, 2012 4:12 p.m.

Waste of time and effort on the part of everyone

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    March 21, 2012 2:18 p.m.

Oh no, does this mean all my comments on this site are in some big computer to be analyzed?
    I need to be more careful what i write, and say, and bwwwwwwwwaaaa think.

• Midvaliean MIDVALE, UT
    March 21, 2012 12:08 p.m.

Well I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm sure those severs will be used to house data that no one should have access to. Those who feel they should have control over that data, think they should be your master. Be aware.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    March 21, 2012 11:43 a.m.

This story wsa very pointless, it contained no information of value.