Utah

Who's coming to City Creek: Take a look

Comments

• bassiley Provo, UT
    Feb. 27, 2012 10:55 a.m.

Gateway mall sounds confident they are going to be the "premier" place for shopping and dining, but I guarantee they are nervous about how much this will affect their business. Nobody likes to go shopping at the gateway during the winter...I believe the retractable roof is a huge selling point at the City Creek.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 27, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Can't wait, to never go there.

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    Feb. 26, 2012 9:30 p.m.

Salt Lake has finally grown up.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Feb. 26, 2012 8:03 p.m.

It's a beautiful project, a huge improvement downtown, helpful to the state economy, and will be ready for general conference. My question is...how would our reaction differ if it had been built exactly as it is and with the same goals using government money? I ask this because I know the private sector would never have built it, and we speak of it in terms of being good for the economy without any consideration of whether it will make money, because we're never going to know if it makes money or not. I hope it succeeds but in this economy retail space is simply not being built, nationwide, unless there's a casino attached. Even then, there's a huge hulk of a frame across the strip from the Wynn casino in vegas that sits abandoned and weathering. In this economy, I wonder why no one is asking how come city creek isn't in the same condition.

• mytymouse09 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Feb. 26, 2012 2:20 p.m.

This is going to be so awesome to have downtown -- just in time too for General Conference! Thanks to the Church's idea to make this huge improvement downtown, which besides being beautiful, has been so helpful to our state economy during a national economic struggle with construction especially. I'm excited to spend some time (sounds like I'll need a whole day!) checking out all the new stores.

• Star Bright Salt Lake City, Ut
    Feb. 26, 2012 8:52 a.m.

I can't wait. I have watched and watched as the buildings went up, wished it would be done sooner, but hey, what a beautiful project. Congratulations to all!