Quantcast

Comments about ‘U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in 2nd quarter’

Return to article »

Published: Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:55 p.m. MDT

Updated: Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:55 p.m. MDT

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
pragmatistferlife
salt lake city, utah

Ahemmmm!

SCfan
clearfield, UT

And since a lot of middle class America has been working with reduced wages and lower yearly income, we all will be waiting for that pay raise.

prelax
Murray, UT

The u-6 unemployment numbers still sit at 12%. 12% of our country is unemployed or underemployed, looking for full time work.

The jobs being created the past two years are part time jobs. They are not going to lift the economy out of recession.

DN Subscriber
Cottonwood Heights, UT

Anyone want to bet that this glorious good news from Dear Leader will be "revised downward" next quarter?

Anyone remember all those economic statistics leading up tot he 2012 elections that turned out to be manipulated?

You simply cannot believe anything Obama tells the American people.

David
Centerville, UT

Finally, maybe we are coming out of the longest recession. Does the fact that we are finally, hopefully seeing recovery, validate Obama's economic policies? Or does the length of the recession speak to the poor management of the economy under this administration?

What could have been…

If Obama had approved the pipeline from Canada.

If Obama hadn't raised taxes on most Americans.

If Obama hadn't increased fees and taxes via Obamacare.

But we can, perhaps, begin to feel assurance that the economy will grow again, despite Obama.

Howard Beal
Provo, UT

For most Americans wages are stagnant. I've had one raise since the Obama became President and that was less than 1%. Maybe the growth went to the 1%, the rest of the 99% is still waiting for the crumbs to trickle down or something...

JimInSLC
Salt Lake City, UT

As much as I wish this were true, It is a lie. This number is fabricated to fit an agenda. Subprime mortgages that preceded the collapse in 2008 have been replaced with subprime auto loans today. 35% of the population is in collections. Many companies are planning large layoffs. You do not lay off people in a recovering economy. BRISC is moving forward to compete w/ the IMF which will further move the dollar from being the world reserve currency.

There will be a push to start a war to lay blame for the coming collapse on another country. We need another President like Andrew Jackson to drive a stake through the heart of the central banks.

UtahBlueDevil
Durham, NC

It is amazing the ability of some to spin anything negative. You all never fail to deliver the same stuff.

@DN Sunscriber - if Obama had the ability to "manipulate" the numbers, wouldn't you think he would have done so also during all those very negative months.... or is the "great leader" just that smart that he set us up with really bad month to make the good months look better? Good grief..... are you telling me that numbers were not revised during other administrations either? That this is a new phenomena?

So to your question... "Anyone remember all those economic statistics leading up tot he 2012 elections that turned out to be manipulated?".... the answer is No. If those were manipulated numbers, then the Obama Administration did a really poor job of doing it, because they still weren't all that good at that point.

Were the crash numbers of 07 and 08 also manipulated?

Cats
Somewhere in Time, UT

This is good news but it's about five years over due. That recession should have lasted about a year. But, unfortunately, we had a president who had no idea what he was doing so it has lasted much longer and been much worse. Unemployment is still way too high and the average family income has dropped. Still the hyperpartisan supporters of this administration refuse to see the light.

FreedomFighter41
Provo, UT

Can we blame Obama for this?

Or should we change the subject to Benghazi again?

Baron Scarpia
Logan, UT

So does this bode well for democrats or republicans? One has been working around congress to get the economy moving ahead, solve immigration, help students with loans, etc., while the other shut the government down and continues to vote down ObamaCare to no avail to make philosophical point.

One is now suing the other -- with talk of impeachment... will do wonders for the economy?

SCfan
clearfield, UT

And then we read that the market is tumbling (down over 200 points as I write this) due to poor jobs report, among other things. So who do we believe? Economics, like science, should try to rid itself of political influence if it wants to be taken more seriously.

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments