U.S. & World

Putin: US sanctions hurt bilateral ties, US firms

Comments

• worf Mcallen, TX
    July 19, 2014 10:16 a.m.

@GaryO,

Let me rephrase your question:

"I find it interesting how American “Liberals” seem so willing to take Mexico’s side against the United States.

Tell me, how does that advance American interests?"

Again! Why more concern for Ukraine's border then ours?

• JimInSLC Salt Lake City, UT
    July 18, 2014 8:02 a.m.

Lest anyone forget, it was the meddling of the West, US and Europe, in the affairs of Ukraine that started the mess over there. The people of Eastern Ukraine have every right to revolt against a puppet government installed that they have no say in. Money from the IMF to bailout Ukraine is contingent upon Eastern Ukraine, the side with more resources and that the gas pipeline from Russia to Europe lays, being part of the package.

Russia has no reason to get involved with the conflict so I'm not sure how much of the information we get though mainstream media is accurate or true. All Putin has to do is wait for winter, and having control over how much gas is piped to Europe gives him more power than any military involvement. I think he knows that and so is staying clear of the trap.

People here need to start waking up to what our own government is doing.

• boneheaded, but not a smidgen SLC, UT
    July 17, 2014 3:19 p.m.

Just what bilateral ties does the US have with Russia?

• GaryO Virginia Beach, VA
    July 17, 2014 10:38 a.m.

I hate it when ruthless dictators start whining. That kind of behavior is so undictator-like, I feel embarrassed for Putin.

With Putin's sniveling over there . . . And the constant "Conservative" histrionics, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth over here . . . It all seem overly dramatic to me.

Come on guys, quit the drama.

Hey Worf –

“Why does our commander care for Ukraine's borders, but not ours?”

I find it interesting how American “Conservatives” seem so willing to take Russia’s side against the United States.

Tell me, how does that advance American interests?

• Iron Rod Salt Lake City, UT
    July 17, 2014 10:11 a.m.

How are Putins actions different than Adolf Hitler's actions taking over the Sudatenland using the guise of protecting ethnic germans?

We need to focus more on the Ukraine because this is more of a tinderbox than the middle east.

Rumor out today that a commercial Boing 777 crashed (shot down?) over Ukraine. As I remember it might be a flight from Amsterdam to Kualalampor.

More information I am sure will be coming out.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    July 17, 2014 9:31 a.m.

Why does our commander care for Ukraine's borders, but not ours?