Sports

Former Utah State standout Bobby Wagner says Broncos ‘looked scared’

Comments

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 23, 2014 1:41 p.m.

@Aggie84

Sorry I won't be in Logan for any USU games.

@tinplater

I'd love to say it to his face however I don't know Wagner. Be careful with that "Stang0 might find out what a Super Bowl Ring looks like up close and personal" comment. Everyone on the winning team get's a ring. Even if they didn't play.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 22, 2014 9:34 p.m.

I'd love to see Stang0 tell Bobby Wagner, to his face, he didn't play! Stang0 might find out what a Super Bowl Ring looks like up close and personal.

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    July 22, 2014 1:21 a.m.

Manning looked scared when the jets came over his head before the game started, Manning was terrified when the first snap went over his head. Look at the rewind and you will see what I mean.
    He was petrified the rest of the way. The rest of the players played the same way. Why else would the score be what it was? Please Stang08, what reason do you give for the lopsided win? I also have a 100 spot if you can prove he didn't play. Also, I have tickets waiting for you at the ticket office to come watch the original true blue do some heavy thumping this year. I would be interested in having you predict the outcomes of each game this year. I will do the same and the one with the best record gets a free dinner from the other. You up for the challenge?

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 20, 2014 11:49 a.m.

08Stang

If you want to be me let's get some facts straight. I was in my hotel room in Logan with the volume up. Did not know that was your philosophy. More power to ya.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 18, 2014 11:07 a.m.

At ago Big Blue

Bingo! Spot on!

• 08Stang Southern, UT
    July 18, 2014 11:05 a.m.

The reason I know Wagner did not play is because I was in a restaurant in Logan watching the game. And because the volume on the TV was turned way down and because it was loud and noisy in the restaurant I never heard his name mentioned on the TV.....so therefore, in my opinion, he did not play in the Super Bowl.

I share this same philosophy when it comes to the Sun. If I'm inside a building and I don't see the sun all day...then in my opinion the sun never came up that day, no matter how bright it is outside.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    July 18, 2014 10:51 a.m.

Claiming he didn't play means zero credibility. End of Story.

• 79Ute Orange County, CA
    July 17, 2014 10:06 p.m.

Wagner's Super Bowl stat line from ESPN:

10 tackles, 5 solo.

• NightOwlAmerica SALEM, OR
    July 17, 2014 9:57 p.m.

If Wagner did not play then why do ESPN and NFL.com list his super bowl stats?
    He is credited with 5 assists on tackles against the Broncos.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 17, 2014 11:53 a.m.

Wagner isn't a good player in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the college team he came from. I'm not pretending he didn't play. He didn't play, end of story.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 17, 2014 9:58 a.m.

@ MAFU

Stang08 has a weird deal going on in regards to Bobby Wagner. I think he's the only one who get's it; I certainly don't? For some reason he likes to pretend that Wagner didn't play in the Super Bowl. I have no idea why. Wagner rocks. I really hope the Hawks lock him in at the end of this year and I think they will. Indeed....Go Hawks!

• MAFU Salt Lake City, UT
    July 17, 2014 9:24 a.m.

Stang08 - Go back and watch the game. Wagner starts and QB's all the Defensive calls for the best defense in the NFL. Pretty incredible for such a young player in the League. Go Hawks!

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 17, 2014 8:34 a.m.

Stang08

Why the dislike for Bobby Wagner? The dude is a stud!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 16, 2014 8:50 p.m.

So we are in agreement. Wagner didn't touch the field once during the game. Good glad that was a short lived discussion. Seattle was ready for Manning, end of story.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 16, 2014 4:41 p.m.

@Stang08

I forgot about the last time we went through this. Not only did Denver look scared, the got beat up while looking scared. Have a good one Guy!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 16, 2014 1:30 p.m.

Do we have to go thru this again? He didn't play. I watched the whole game in Logan mind you and not once was his name mentioned. He said "They looked scared" not "They got beat up".

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 16, 2014 7:33 a.m.

Stang08

Um, Bobby Wagner started and played the majority of the Superbowl. He tied Cam Chancellor, and Malcom Smith (MVP) for the most tackles (10). He's confident and he should be. He is the heart and soul of the best defense in the NFL. An absolute Stud! He's also right on with his comments, Denver got beat up.

I can't wait for the season to start, the Seahawks made some great moves this off season and I don't think they will miss a beat. At the end of this season, signing Wagner and Wilson should be priority #1. Re-signing Sherman, Thomas and Bennet were great moves this year.

Go Hawks!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 15, 2014 11:20 p.m.

Wow way to be over confident when you didn't play Wagner.

• eagle Provo, UT
    July 15, 2014 11:07 p.m.

I agree, the Broncos looked scared and played scared and were whipped handily.