Opinion

Comments

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 4:25 p.m.

@Mike Richards
    South Jordan, Utah

Agreed.

I'm just pointing out that I'm 100% consistent, I have shown integrity ALWAYS, I am honest I do not change what is right vs. what is wrong - what is Constitutional vs. what is not Constitutional based strictly on who is the President, and what political party that belong to.

Obama was wrong for extending it. THERE - I said it (again, for the ump-tenth time).

Now, show some honesty and integrity yourself, and admit that Bush was even more wrong for passing it and starting it in the 1st place,
    and
    I'll forget about all those "traitor", Un-American", and "Un-Patriotic" comments I was forced to endure for 8 years.

• Mike Richards South Jordan, Utah
    Aug. 26, 2013 9:25 a.m.

L Liberal,

Please don't take this personally, but the debate is not about you. The ideas presented are not about you. As Americans, we are responsible to remind the government that we have put strict limits on their activities. As Americans, we also have a responsibility to point out to other Americans that we are governed by law and that the Constitution is that law. We have a duty to see that those duties that have been assigned to each level of government are faithfully carried out and that no other "duty" is performed on any level of government.

When we look around to see who agrees with us, we lose focus. We're not in a popularity contest. The Deseret News has given us a forum where each person can present his ideas.

This thread is about the NSA abusing its authority to collect information. Each of us should read the 4th Amendment and then use that amendment as the foundation for our comments.

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 8:34 a.m.

Mike Richards

South Jordan, Utah

When government abuses its authority to "save" us, we lose freedom. We are a free people because we have limited government interference in our lives. Those who want government to subjugate us will tell us anything, but the Constitution protects us against those charlatans. The NSA has no authority to spy on U.S citizens. NONE!
    12:32 a.m. Aug. 26, 2013

========

Jeepers Mike - we agree, again, for the 2nd or 3rd time.

BTW - Where have you been for the past 12 years as I've spoken out against this sort of Constitutional abuses?

Wasn't it guys like you that called me a "traitor" and labeled me as being "un-patriotic", and "un-American" for not cow-towing, supporting, and dumbly going along with GW Bush when he was initiating all this?

Welcome.
    And thanks for finally coming around to your senses.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 7:47 a.m.

Who will have supreme power. Electricity Co. Monsanto with food or the oil co. The struggle for power will continue till the game is over. It's been that since Monsanto's first patten in the 50's. They now have the top offices in gov. and in the courts. Property and people has lost value and respect.

• Mike Richards South Jordan, Utah