Faith

Vai's View: A tribute to Mom

Comments

• ImABeliever Provo, UT
    April 12, 2014 10:50 a.m.

Thank you Mr.Sikahema for bringing the spirit to these articles. I felt it in this article and articles in the past. Whenever I stray from the path a little I read your articles and walk straight again. Thank you.

• kalamazoo.girl raleigh, NC
    Sept. 5, 2013 7:15 p.m.

Mr. Sikahema, my son, Sam and I met you at a restaurant the night before the Virginia game recently. Thank you for your kindness despite our intrusion. What I had really wanted to say, but not in such a public forum, was "thank you". I heard an interview, by chance, that you did on the Mormon channel on a particularly difficult day for me. You spoke of the influence of your mother and her testimony and example and its impact on you. It was what I needed to hear to keep my perspective and to fortify my crumbling resolve. I am so very grateful to you for your generosity in sharing such personal feelings and insights. I look forward to your views. :)

• Jill A Mesa, AZ
    May 14, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Thanks, Vai, for sharing this beautiful tribute to your mom. She leaves a great legacy in her testimony, and through her family and posterity who will always called her "blessed."

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    May 11, 2013 8:49 p.m.

Simply beautiful.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    May 11, 2013 3:51 p.m.

What a beautiful tribute to your dear mother. I know these words were spoken to her personally and not just at her funeral. That made it even more tender to me. I loved my mother and father as you did and valued the lessons they taught me all my life. We can never say "thank you" enough for the love and sacrifices of good parenting. Thanks for your insight.

• Red Salt Lake City, UT
    May 10, 2013 10:29 p.m.

I just saw that you snuk back onto the Deseret News.

I've missed you. You and your stories are the best. It makes me value every single thing that happens.

I love it.

Great words about your Mom. She taught you well Vai.

What a great Mothers Day Tribute.

• JimmyfromLA Lancaster, CA
    May 10, 2013 7:14 p.m.

Thank you Pres Sikahema, that was a wonderful testament to your mother. I gotta go see my allergist now, my eyes are all watery. Mahalo.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    May 10, 2013 5:04 p.m.

Thanks you for sharing that Vai. It was very touching.