Sports

DeseretNews.com Utah high school streaming schedule through March 2, 2013

Comments

• Florwood American Fork, UT
    March 1, 2013 11:45 a.m.

roughd, if you click on the set of games you'd like to watch, it opens a page with the video window.

• LP Fan Alpine, UT
    March 1, 2013 9:51 a.m.

You can Watch 4A & 5A semis and championship games on Kjazz TV.

• xscribe Colorado Springs, CO
    March 1, 2013 9:16 a.m.

I didn't have any issues with the games Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe you don't have good Internet!

• aoviatt Round Rock, TX
    Feb. 26, 2013 11:05 a.m.

Another option is to allow peer-assisted networking. This will ease the bandwidth usage on the desnews servers and spread it out among those watching the feed.

Another option is to lower the quality of the feed a little bit. I think most can handle a little lower quality for a smoother stream.

These are just some of the obvious fixes. Let me know if you need any more help.

• aoviatt Round Rock, TX
    Feb. 26, 2013 11:05 a.m.

KSL/DESNEWS/Whoever: You need to fix your streaming settings. Few have the bandwidth to stream at the settings you have forced us to use. I'm sure the feed looks great at your headquarters, but for a lot of us, we're not going to wait through all the buffering. Don't you have any logging to show how much buffering is going on? There are ways to fix it.

The easiest and best fix is to let US decide the quality we want to see the game at. It is better to watch a lower resolution game than a higher def one that is buffering all the time. Auto quality is usually ok, but in lower-bandwidth areas, it's not.

Failing that obvious easy fix, lower the sound quality option. We don't need high def sound on this feed. There's no sound being broadcast anyway, except for the crowd and blaring music. That will save some bandwidth without sacrificing any quality, and might make it a little more watchable.

• Just my thoughts Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 25, 2013 9:42 p.m.

I give up. I watch more 'buffering' than I do the game. This did not happen with football. What is different?

• Just my thoughts Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 25, 2013 5:47 p.m.

I think the link is down the page a bit. Also, am I the only one that has this 'buffering' problem? I start watching and then it buffers after about 10 seconds and does this all the time. Can anyone help with this?

• roughd Draper, UT
    Feb. 25, 2013 8:57 a.m.

Where's the actual link to today's stream? Seems like we usually see that before its active. Thanks!