Moneywise

See what this kid put in his cover letter to get tons of Wall Street internship offers

Comments

• Colene in Texas SPRING, TX
    Jan. 17, 2013 1:43 p.m.

His extra points for refreshing candor will more than likely cancel out his two (that I counted) misspelled words. Attention to detail is crucial in finance!

• JRJ Pocatello, ID
    Jan. 16, 2013 6:50 p.m.

Good for this dude. Honesty is a lost credential. I hope he gets his dream job and I hope whoever gets him appreciates his willingness to work hard and not cover everything with a load of bull.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Jan. 16, 2013 4:29 p.m.

There's always a pessimist...I think this young man should be given a chance..if he doesn't work out at least he gave it a go. We need more young people with this attitude and desire to continue learning and progressing. Good for him!!!!!

• Te Amo Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2013 4:13 p.m.

This kid could get a real job in the United States Navy in half a minute. MCPO USN Retired

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2013 3:06 p.m.

"will work for next to nothing."

That's the reason the letter is getting attention.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Jan. 16, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Romorg, at the company I work for, it's my job to interview and hire people. Believe me, if I needed someone to fill an entry position this guy would get the job hands down over the any of the applicants I have interviewed within the last year.

Very few potential employees talk like this; most bring up pay, hours, vacation, days they would have to work, et cetera long before they talk about what they are willing to do for our company.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Jan. 16, 2013 2:30 p.m.

Smart kid ... he knows what the people who do the hiring want to hear.

It's refreshing to see someone who's willing to earn his way; someone who doesn't pander for special treatment.

You've got my vote of confidence, someone better snap this guy up before he gets away.

• romorg PROVO, UT
    Jan. 16, 2013 2:23 p.m.

I'm not sure I get what is unique about this. Is this not what everybody says when applying for a job for which they have no experience?