Sports

College football: UCLA falls in Holiday Bowl, Cincinnati wins Belk Bowl in final minute (+video)

Comments

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Dec. 28, 2012 7:19 p.m.

PAC 12. Overrated..

• skywalker Palo Alto, CA
    Dec. 28, 2012 12:51 p.m.

Stanford should easily handle Wisconsin and ASU over Navy is very likely, but OSU and Oregon are toss ups, and it wouldn't be too surprising to see USC upset by GT. The Trojans are sooooo disintereested in the Sun Bowl, that they were an hour and a half late for the official bowl dinner.

I do find it curious that for all of their talk about being in the "conference of champions" and plastering their PAC 12 banners all over SLC, Utah fans are strangely absent from discussions involving any PAC 12 school besides Utah.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 12:17 p.m.

motorbike

Perhaps it is MLH that ought to rethink why he posted a comment when he states there should have been "0" comments. I know that's a hard concept, especially when I limited my comments to the PAC 12, and he decided to bring up BYU. I didn't mention USU, BYU or Utah---he did. That indicates my hitting a nerve with a (as 54-10 would say) "typical" Ute fan.

You guys think the PAC 12 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The current bowls suggest otherwise, at least for the PAC 12 teams that actually earned a bowl game. They aren't doing too well, are they?

Have a Happy New Year.

• PAC man Anaheim, CA
    Dec. 28, 2012 11:17 a.m.

The PAC 12 is 1-2 in bowls so far, but could very easily be 0-3 if not for a frantic 4th Q comeback by Arizona versus Nevada.

The "Conference of Champions" could still finish 6-2 in bowls, but could also finish 3-5.

Predictions:

ASU over Navy
    Texas over OSU
    USC over GT
    Stanford over Wisconsin
    KSU over Oregon

Predicted finish: 4-4

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 10:31 a.m.

@toosmartforyou

In RESPONSE to your comment MLH wrote: "This article is one of those that should of had 0 comments."

You then replied: "Then why did you comment?"

If you can't deduce why it was MLH made his comment then perhaps you ought to rethink your moniker.

• BlueCoug Orem, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 10:11 a.m.

I wasn't at all surprised that UCLA came out flat and Baylor dominated this game.

Even though there were dozens of "Go UCLA" billboards all over San Diego and lots of UCLA fans attended the game, UCLA's players just didn't seem to be "into" the game.

I had the opportunity to observe dozens of Baylor and UCLA players up close and personal for several hours at the San Diego Zoo on Monday. The Baylor players seemed excited and happy to be there; the UCLA players seemed bored; which is exactly the same demeanor I observed at the beginning of the game Thursday night.

Baylor started with lots of energy. UCLA came out flat. Baylor jumped out to a 21-0 lead.

Game over.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 9:01 a.m.

"This article is one of those that should of had 0 comments."

Then why did you comment?

• MLH SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 8:48 a.m.

tsfu

I you really that frustrated with the whole thing. Give it up already, you won your bowl game. There is not one stink'n article about the Utes, PAC12, BCS, etc. that some BYU fan can let it go and just take it for what it is. This article is one of those that should of had 0 comments.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Dec. 28, 2012 8:21 a.m.

Fill me in on the PAC 12 bowl record for 2012/13. All I know is UCLA and Washington have each lost. For being the Conference of Champions, they are having a tough year thus far.