Sports

USU football: Aggies' head coach enjoying simple yet fulfilling life in Logan

Comments

• runnerguy50 Virginia Beach, Va
    Dec. 12, 2012 5:33 a.m.

Sounds like a good guy. We were in Utah a couple of years in the summer and Logan was a beautiful town. Would not surprise me if GA takes over the Utah program one day. GA is the best coach in the state of Utah.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 11, 2012 8:12 p.m.

It just gets better and better. Coach Andersen has drastically changed the football culture at USU for the better. I am glad that USU is also having a positive influnce on Andersen and his family.

• Big R Danville, CA
    Dec. 11, 2012 1:06 p.m.

Good for him! The best college football coach in the state of Utah. I love to see someone be successful and happy where they are instead of chasing more money. I hope he stays for years and builds a great program and I'm not even a Utah State fan!

• Me, Myself and I The Promised Land, UT
    Dec. 11, 2012 9:22 a.m.

I played for Coach Anderson in Cedar City and there was a lot more to his leaving than a bigger program and more money. While some people in Cedar have found fault with him for leaving most of us who played for him didn't. We were disappointed, but just like Davis said in the article we wanted what was best for coach because that's how he treated us. Coach Andersen is a class act and all those who try to paint him otherwise don't know him at all.

• TallNSkinny43 Germantown, MD
    Dec. 11, 2012 8:34 a.m.

@Stang,
    I agree that coaches generally do exactly what you said, but there are examples of those who don't, like Lavell Edwards at the Y. Andersen already turned down offers. I choose to trust what he has said until he gives me reason not to believe him. He hasn't yet.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    Dec. 11, 2012 12:00 a.m.

That's what he said but mark my words he won't. Sorry but its true if a coach is successful they get picked up by a bigger school and won't turn the offer down.

• USU AGGIE FAN Logan, Utah
    Dec. 10, 2012 11:35 p.m.

Well there you have it folks, in page 2 of the article Coach Andersen says he will stay at Utah State forever. Sorry Utah County Media Conglomerates, looks like Utah State will have a great football team for years and years to come and you will be forced to cover them whether you like it or not.

Go Aggies!